Another plea for help on 2.0 TDI pd cranks but won't start.

Hi guys.  New to this great forum and also to Skoda.  Didn't want to upset anyone by reviving old topic with my maiden post on 19th July so replied to older one by quattrodaveuk. A few views but no replies so this is desperate plea for help. First noticed no rear wipe or wash and no front wash. Then central locking stopped working from either remote and next day engine cut out and hasn't started since though turns over fine. Diagnostics showed glow plug fault and fuel relay open circuit. New relay made no difference. Have since worked out washer pumps and rear wiper motor all work when powered directly from battery.  Previous owner had fitted new battery and fuel filter.   Have read everything there is to read on here about the subject but would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks for replies. Vagcom of some sort I think. Genuine guy, full time mechanic but he's been ill lately so waiting for him to get back to me. I'm over 100 miles from a main dealer. From what I've read on here I was assuming it was something electrical that had cut the fuel. Do you think the central locking fault is tied in or is that just a coincidence and a separate issue?