VRS Estate FL Recommended Modifications

Hiya,

I'm sure I found a thread similar to this before where people listed there recommended/Top mods but I can't seem to find it now.

Just wondering what modifications people recommend getting done on this car as per the title.

Cheers

What's this about solid rear bushes?!?

Replacing the console bushes on the front wishbones with the solid bushes from a TTrs or RS4, makes the steering less vague...It's a cheap mod that has reasonable returns, especially if you do it when you need your console bushes replaced anyway.

• Like 1

Replacing the console bushes on the front wishbones with the solid bushes from a TTrs or RS4, makes the steering less vague...It's a cheap mod that has reasonable returns, especially if you do it when you need your console bushes replaced anyway.

Any links?

I am looking for cheap easy mods lol

Any links?

I am looking for cheap easy mods lol

These are what i got : http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/tt-uprated-wishbone-console-bushes-for-golf-mk5-platform.html

For that you'll need to push the old bushes out of the mount and push these in, which is an absolute b**** (I ended up finding a friendly garage with a pneumatic press) but apart from that it's a pretty quick job and cheap.

The other option is this: http://www.awesomegti.com/whiteline-anti-lift-kit-golf-mk5-mk6-kca316-walk

Should bolt straight on, but the cost difference is pretty hefty.

You'll need your alignment checked after doing that though remember...Plus, make sure you torque all the bolts up otherwise you'll get the most hilarious/unsettling torque steer.

• Like 1

Looking through Darkside stuff....some good prices.  What's meant by mk4/5 platform?.......sorry, probably a dumb question.

The Octavia is based on the Golf chassis platform, which is what the Mk refers to...:-)

Depending on the age of the car / how tired things are...

In order of preference / bang4buck:

Remap

Really good fuel & 7500km oil change intervals and a new air filter every 30,000km

Redrill the rear ARB so the lever arm is 30-35mm shorter (free DIY)

HIDs

Gut the #1 cat (on a petrol)

S3 console bushes

Really light wheels (17"x8 ET45 will give the best outcome) / good tyres (235/45r17) with a really good alignment. Aim for 16kg per wheel / tyre.

Koni Sport Dampers (or similar) - move this to 2nd priority if the dampers are sad.

Alloy Front Lower control arms of an S3 or the Supalloy units (which include the better console bushes)

Catch Can - I'd think about making this higher importance if preventive maintenance is one of your priorities.

Latest revision Diverter Valve or a GFB DV+

• 1 year later...

Looking seriously at some mods now as the warranty is up now. At the m8nute these are on the shortlist.

Remap - Probably at Shark

Rear anti roll bar - Any recommendations of what to get, how much to fit?

Suspension - What should I be looking for, how much to fit?

Any other parts mods that are “must have“?

Also any visual mods you've done that look good? I have some a few bits here too, just interested to see what others have tried.

Cheers