Variable servicing

Hi Guys, im after picking your brains! :P

Can anyone please tell me exactly what the first variable service on an Octavia VRS should entail? Should this include changing the brake pads?

Also, how much life would you expect out of a set of standard brake pads?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ian

Depending on driving style but id say average pad is about 40k on the front of an octy.

40k out of a set of brake pads! And to think I always go easy on the brakes using the engine and gear changes to slow the car down cos i'm worried about going through pads every 10 or 15k miles. I'll not worry so much now.

Thanks again

Hopefully my dealer will agree and replace them FOC. After all, they completed the 1st variable service (early) at 15k miles as part of the deal to buy the car, and i have only done 3k miles since and i believe that they need changing. Along with the starter motor that they're replacing (warranty) tomorrow!! ;)

I didnt cure the sqeaking brakes in reverse im afraid. My previous Octavia VRS did this from new, and sounded awful.

My new Octavia VRS has never squeaked in reverse - not sure why?

Dealer says that brakes are fine, apart from lipping on one of the disks - i have to pay to change this - i quite fancy drilled/grooved disks - any recommendations to be used with standard calipers?

On a slightly different note, does anyone elses air con pump make a 'ticking' noise?

hi. i noticed a tickin sound comin from front of mine last week.not sure from wot.turned climate control off. still ticking. heard it this mornin as well.when car was warmed up it disapeared.:confused: any 1 any idea? 2004 octy 130bph.cheers.:thumbup: