Exhaust Gas temperature sensor

It's pre dpf. It's right at the top of the manifold next to the turbo. But as you'll see there is 3 of them so you'll have a job tracing which one is bad. My mechanic fixed mine. Just to add though, i ran mine for a few days with the light on as the car seemed to be running ok. I then got the dpf light on and my mech wasn't surprised he said it won't regen because of a fault.

That's one sensor at the top of the manifold back of the engine in front of the bulkhead. There is another one right next to the one in the pic ( out of view ). However, tracing the clean new wire and connector down the back looks another sensor. It could be anyone of those that's why i put it in the garage. I'm sure my mechanic said there was 3. Maybe some are pre dpf and one post dpf? Hope this helps!!

One is pre did one is post dpf and the other is pre turbo and easier to see from under the car if I remember correctly sensor with black plug is pre turbo

Orange plug pre dpf and brown plug post dpf.

But I am only 100% on the black pre turbo one

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

One is pre did one is post dpf and the other is pre turbo and easier to see from under the car if I remember correctly sensor with black plug is pre turbo

Orange plug pre dpf and brown plug post dpf.

But I am only 100% on the black pre turbo one

Good info there buddy i didn't know about the different coloured connectors. Looking at mine he's replaced the black one so pre turbo. The wire goes down the back just out of view.

That's the one I have replaced on my car 2. If you actually think about it it's more prone to failure as it gets the exhaust gases at there hottest

So did you just take a chance it was that sensor at fault or did you get a garage to do it? I'm not sure how he traced it to that specific one.