octavia 1 vrs 180bhp please advice on turbos and injectors?

jacknife

hi all. i know this subject has probably been up several times. i have an AUQ 180 octavia and its been re mapped stage 1 also fitted FMI and upgraded hoses. also bailey 007 fitted. car goes well but typical bloke need more power. i have been told a change of turbo and injectors plus a second re map should do it.  i believe its fitted with the ko3 turbo. my question is what turbo can i buy which will all but bolt straight on and allow for more power(tuning)??? k04 (maybe) ? and what injectors same question really?? any help would be greatly appreciated.andy.

Edited by jacknife

You need to tell us your aims for power and torque. A well setup standard K03S turbo will do 250bhp/300lbft. After that, it's time to change the blower.

And chuck money at the suspension, brakes and drivetrain because you'll arrive at a corner too quickly as your brakes are pap and, if you do slow down in time, you'll understeer into street furniture. And if you do make it through the corner, you'll wheelspin all that power away on the exit. :doh:

• Like 1

hi thanks for youre reply iam very used to powerfull front wheel drives and the above dous sound about right lol. have already uprated suspension etc brakes iam looking into. was looking for nearer 300bhp . andy

I wasn't lecturing by the way. Just my weird Sunday afternoon humour!

For 300bhp/300lbft, get a Beach Buggy Turbos K300 hybrid. It is capable of more but the standard rods aren't, so you will need to have the power delivery detuned to reduce the chances of them letting go. You'll need an upgraded fuel pump, BAM injectors and all the rest of it.

http://www.beachbuggyturbo.co.uk/k300---k03s-hybrid-turbo-1-p.asp

love the humour haha. :-) oh dear lol thats starting to sound expensive and i have a heavy right foot so you can gaurantee those bad boys coming through the side of the engine.o.k what if i stick to my stock turbo with the current mods ??? what else can i do. i believe its running around 200 to 210 bhp i have a printout somewhere. my local re maping center wont take it up to a stage 2 they reckon it wont handle it/run right. ? not sure how true that is though as i have seen lots of other people saying they have had it done up country although not sure if they needed extra mods. would be happy with more torque and round the 250 bhp area.  andy.

love the humour haha. :-) oh dear lol thats starting to sound expensive and i have a heavy right foot so you can gaurantee those bad boys coming through the side of the engine.o.k what if i stick to my stock turbo with the current mods ??? what else can i do. i believe its running around 200 to 210 bhp i have a printout somewhere. my local re maping center wont take it up to a stage 2 they reckon it wont handle it/run right. ? not sure how true that is though as i have seen lots of other people saying they have had it done up country although not sure if they needed extra mods. would be happy with more torque and round the 250 bhp area.  andy.

Did they give you any reasons why they felt it risky? Who said it? Are you on turbo back exhaust? Sports or decat? Large intake pipe? What air intake are you on? In tank hi flow fuel pump? Other than exhaust a lot of little things could add up quite nicely and with the right custom map you should get a fair bit closer.

Mine made just over 242bhp/293lbft at R-tech. It's a standard engine and K03S turbo on 121k miles now. Air filter, supersize intake pipe, Forge 007P, THS FMIC, ported standard exhaust manifold, 10 psi BBT actuator, 3" decat downpipe, 2.75" Magnex system, BAM injectors, Sytec in-tank pump upgrade, Tesco Momentum. Some bits were done by the previous owner and some bits done by me.

I could probably squeeze a little more out of it, but it is plenty for me, especially with the slippery winter coming up. It's my road car, so the mid-range is more useful to me than bhp, especially when dragging the track car around.

• Like 1

hi mate sorry got sidetracked . it was celtic tuning that did it. and they reckoned it would need turbo and injector upgrade for a stage 2. running standard cat as also iam confused what to do with that. de cat i believe would cause mot problems and not sure what to do with the 2 lambda sensors?? sports cat is very expensive but maybe worth a look. car has large cold air feed pipe to inside of front bumper running a k and n type cone filter. in tank standard high pressure pump. yours sounds pretty good and i have done a lot of that already. how do you get around the de cat etc.?