Fabia MK1 VRS (Little Red)

HJM12

Hi guys, not that new to the forum but new to this part. As well as Having my Citigo i have just purchased this Fabia VRS! Always been a dream car for me and at 17 I can fulfil that dream  :D

Bodywork is good with no rust but she has a few issues though:

The turbo has apparently reached the end of it's use. It is making a loud whistling noise and needs to be replaced as soon as possible!
One of the rear windows doesn't wind anymore (fixed) and inside door handle doesn't work on offside rear door
The seats could do with a clean.
The Air con doesn't work, I'm not sure why though. When the air con is turned on the revs of the car don't change at all, so could be compressor fault? Not that knowledgeable on these things  :D
The fuel gauge reads backwards. Works perfectly but When the tank is full, it says empty, when it's empty it reads full! I
The boot has to be pushed down in order for it to open for some reason, again don't know why that is.
Rear window has white stuff underneath the glass.

Here she is!

IMG_0157_2_zpsbwyza8zc.jpg

fam_zpsx7nc7syw.jpg

fam2_zpshwsgrn3d.jpgIMG_0164_zpstjfsrbxi.jpg

IMG_0163_2_zpsxkoebbp7.jpg

Edited by HJM12

Hi guys, not that new to the forum but new to this part. As well as Having my Citigo i have just purchased this Fabia VRS! Always been a dream car for me and at 17 I can fulfil that dream  :D

Bodywork is good with no rust but she has a few issues though:

The turbo has apparently reached the end of it's use. It is making a loud whistling noise and needs to be replaced as soon as possible!

One of the rear windows doesn't wind anymore (fixed) and inside door handle doesn't work on offside rear door

The seats could do with a clean.

The Air con doesn't work, I'm not sure why though. When the air con is turned on the revs of the car don't change at all, so could be compressor fault? Not that knowledgeable on these things  :D

The fuel gauge reads backwards. Works perfectly but When the tank is full, it says empty, when it's empty it reads full! I

The boot has to be pushed down in order for it to open for some reason, again don't know why that is.

Rear window has white stuff underneath the glass.

Here she is!

IMG_0157_2_zpsbwyza8zc.jpg

fam_zpsx7nc7syw.jpg

fam2_zpshwsgrn3d.jpgIMG_0164_zpstjfsrbxi.jpg

IMG_0163_2_zpsxkoebbp7.jpg

Still rember my 54-plate vRS, In Red with great fondness. New Fabia could well be similar fun. Enjoy yours, I think they will become a classic.

• Like 1

The white "stuff" under the glass is where the window is bonded to the tailgate, over the years the UV in the sun reacts with the adhesive which kind of marks the black outer edge of the glass.

We used to get complaints when the cars were nearly new tbh.

The AC not working could be a number of things, when these get low on gas in the system the AC compressor doesn't kick in, it could be just low, or a leak of some sort, you wont know till you get the system checked

• Like 1

The white "stuff" under the glass is where the window is bonded to the tailgate, over the years the UV in the sun reacts with the adhesive which kind of marks the black outer edge of the glass.

We used to get complaints when the cars were nearly new tbh.

The AC not working could be a number of things, when these get low on gas in the system the AC compressor doesn't kick in, it could be just low, or a leak of some sort, you wont know till you get the system checked

Can I do anything about the glass? And should I get the AC Checked by like quick fit?

New problem, power steering intermittent failure. Power steering warning light came on and makes an odd noise, see video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvp7KKyEOA&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Just started the car again and no light and has power steering, a mixed blessing really  :D

Edited by HJM12

No you cant do anything with the glass, nearly every Mk1 Fabia is like it to some degree.

Pains me to say but the likes of Kwik Fit's a/c service could be a good bet, they'll vacuum whats left of the gas out, leave it holding a vacuum for a good while (to eliminate leaks) then re-gas it. As long as there's enough gas in it "should" work....

• Like 1