I have seen loads of this stuff on here and im just wondering is it possible to copy a map from one ecu to another? basically my friends car has a generic remap that im copying to my ecu then im going to monitor the cars performance while driving and alter the map from there.

I was wondering if i do this is there an immobiliser file i need to avoid?

Any help is appreciated!!!

will do bud hopefully it matches!

Get Faboka on the case, be much cheaper than bricking your ECU and has brilliant reviews (he tells you what to buy and then emails you the map to import, thens works with you to make sure its tailored/perfect for your car/wants)

• Like 1

Well my mate had a remap That was just generic, so it was just loaded on without a rolling road so i copied his from his ecu to mine and after confirming some bits its worked and mines now got a stage 1 map probably a crap map but oh well

If it works and you are happy then thats good. That is my outlook. Why pay 10x the amount of 95% for 100% when you are happy with 95%.

haha thats true, i just wanted that little more go, so this was by far the cheapest route as it cost me £8

Yup that's me. I posted on here when I started learning.

Always log!

aha ive already contacted you about a quote on a map, but cant afford it currently! so went for this route i made a DIY Egr blank yesterday too, all is good apart from the pipe to egr keeps blowing off -.-

aha ive already contacted you about a quote on a map, but cant afford it currently! so went for this route i made a DIY Egr blank yesterday too, all is good apart from the pipe to egr keeps blowing off -.-

What? Sounds like you have done something wrong then. What pipe? The boost pipe? In which case you need a new one, they are cheap and a 2 second swap.

Edited by whitep

What? Sounds like you have done something wrong then. What pipe? The boost pipe? In which case you need a new one, they are cheap and a 2 second swap.

its the 90 degree pipe that connects to the egr valve, i think the metal clip is worn

Oh yes, vv common, get a new pipe, clip and o-ring. I did that on my wifes A3 ASZ lump and My brothers Fabia VRS but on both the pipe behind the headlight then started popping off. In the end I replaced the whole boost pipe assembly from the intercooler to the EGR. Its not vastly expensive just a bit fiddly.

Edited by whitep

Oh yes, vv common, get a new pipe, clip and o-ring. I did that on my wifes A3 ASZ lump and My brothers Fabia VRS but on both the pipe behind the headlight then started popping off. In the end I replaced the whole boost pipe assembly from the intercooler to the EGR. Its not vastly expensive just a bit fiddly.

i think ill invest in a hardpipe kit and some better clamps! i want to do a track day and dont want that blowing off aha