Alloy Wheel Advice

19"s on stock suspension would look a bit funny i think.. the shallower tyre wall makes the arch gap look bigger.  how much you'd need to go down by would be personal preference, lots of other consideradions though.. ride quality  etc.

as posted on those linked threads, the imola is a heavy cast wheel, probably not as robust as an OEM wheel and not as light as some other options out there.

What size alloy is best? Any other suggestions on what design? Looking at spending up to £800 for wheels and tyres.

I think the Mk2 is best suited to 18's personally - 19s look too big IMO.  I loved my neuspeed's but they are pricey.  Rather than focus on design i'm more interested in how much they weigh - you wont' believe the difference it makes fitting lighter wheels.  Something like sparco assetto gara is cheap-ish at 500 or thereabouts for a set, about 9kg each, look ok.. that leaves you 300 for some michelin pilot super-sports. 

img_1769_mod_s_204402-thumb_zpsyqzlgnmn.

ok, its a mark 3 but you get the idea.

:thumbup:

What size alloy is best? Any other suggestions on what design? Looking at spending up to £800 for wheels and tyres.

My pick is 17x8 ET45 with 235/45r17.  A great all rounder & a tiny bit extra diameter to fill the guard & make the speedometer more accurate.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...