outdoor or not

bripat

I will be getting a new yeti 1.2 se l dsg in March i know i want jungle green /sunroof/spare wheel but me and the wife are split over a yeti or the yeti outdoor , any info or photos of both cars together would be a help  thankyou Bian/Trish.

I went for the outdoor , no question , just looks more rugged and suits the yeti's boxy shape. I agree don't like the jungle green , l went for corrida red and white roof , off too post office now to pick up a box of goodies from superskoda to put on yeti thats about 2weeks or so away.

I went for Outdoor in Jungle Green because I wanted 4x4 but the Indoor would have been OK if I didn't. Jungle Green looks great and does not show the dirt for months if you are a lazy car washer :D

We have a Vanilla Yeti (i.e. not outdoor) in Cappuccino and have to say rather like the more 'classy' look. Having told my mates I was getting a beige Yeti I got loads of stick - until they saw it and had to admit how good it looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be getting a new yeti 1.2 se l dsg in March i know i want jungle green /sunroof/spare wheel but me and the wife are split over a yeti or the yeti outdoor , any info or photos of both cars together would be a help  thankyou Bian/Trish.

Bian/Trish,

I think you will find part of the answer in the brochure, well the 2014 and 2015 anyway. Car manufacturers show the cars in there best colours in the brochures. The Outdoor apppears in Jungle Green and the City in White.

I bought a City in White. If I had gone the Outdoor route it would almost certainly have been the Jungle Green.

Colin

Thankyou all for your help i did get some good photos up to show the wife and now she says outdoor lol,    So going to put a order in November for the jungle green outdoor with the matahorn alloys/sunroof and spare  thanks again Brian/Trish

• Like 1

You've decided now anyway but as said some colours suit the Urban/City better and some the outdoor.

But let's face it, the Yeti looks good in either configuration, so just go with whatever you fancy the most! Which you have!

I don't hold any truck with the idea that the Outdoor will have better residuals/will be easier to sell than the Urban/City. And who cares, get what you want! :D

My Petrol Blue Indoor :D  looks great and after Monday will have a touch of Outdoor as it's having L&K side mouldings fitted.  :clap:

Edited by VAGCF

Outdoor by default, We explained to the Sales guy that we wanted a City Yeti 1,2 TSI DSG SE-L colour up for discussion but not Red, White or Blue. At the time we were in the showroom the VW computer system was down so he said he would have a look what was available and ring us later that day. Phone rings, he's found just the car at Grimsby, Quartz Gray, Spare Wheel and rear mudlfaps, three weeks delivery. Ok sez I.

Two weeks later car arrives so we go to collect, sort out the paperwork and we are taken to another room with just the Yeti under a lovely black cover, he whips it off and we are both thrilled to bits. After looking at it for a bit I said it's got side strips didn't know they had them, they are on all Yeti's now, he said, funny I thought and looked a bit harder, black sills, different alloys, silver mirrors, different bumpers and grill, it's an Outdoor I exclaimed, is it? he has a look around, so it is.

I don't know if he thought I would be no wiser or if he really hadn't twigged. No way were we walking away it looked great, ok don't worry we will take it anyway, so we have an Outdoor, We would have been happy either way.

Edited by reyn
  • Like 1

Outdoor by default, We explained to the Sales guy that we wanted a City Yeti 1,2 TSI DSG SE-L colour up for discussion but not Red, White or Blue. At the time we were in the showroom the VW computer system was down so he said he would have a look what was available and ring us later that day. Phone rings, he's found just the car at Grimsby, Quartz Gray, Spare Wheel and rear mudlfaps, three weeks delivery. Ok sez I.

Two weeks later car arrives so we go to collect, sort out the paperwork and we are taken to another room with just the Yeti under a lovely black cover, he whips it off and we are both thrilled to bits. After looking at it for a bit I said it's got side strips didn't know they had them, they are on all Yeti's now, he said, funny I thought and looked a bit harder, black sills, different alloys, silver mirrors, different bumpers and grill, it's an Outdoor I exclaimed, is it? he has a look around, so it is.

I don't know if he thought I would be no wiser or if he really hadn't twigged. No way were we walking away it looked great, ok don't worry we will take it anyway, so we have an Outdoor, We would have been happy either way.

Too funny! Lesson for Skoda: having 2 sub-brands (normal and Outdoor) is clearly too complex for their sales staff!

Solution for Yeti 2 will probably be FWD = normal and 4WD = Outdoor. Or they'll abandon the idea entirely...

You should have told him you particularly wanted the "City" model and not the outdoor...... But you'd take it if they would fill the fuel tank and fit carpet mats....... Or give you the extended warranty. I did this when I bought my Tiguan   (before the Yeti) and got a full tank of diesel and the three year service plan!

Are they still selling VAG diesels, or are sales 'suspended' pending the emmissions scandal washup or are you only interested in TSI versions?

I wouldn't consider a diesel at this stage.

Edited by Ryeman