Power surging at 1500rpm

ShoooRn

Hi all. Had a strange problem which I've lived with for a while - the car surges on light throttle inputs at 2500rpm or near enough. It's around where it would just be getting on boost. On WOT (full throttle) there is no issue and no surge evident.

To me I'm thinking it could be a leak in a boost hose somewhere but I wouldn't expect the surge to be just on a light throttle input which makes me think it's a sensor somewere sending a dicky reading.

Car drives fine otherwise and returns good MPG it's just getting it past the 2500rpm surge that's tough as it can seem like I put my foot down for a split second.

Anyone had similar?

I have this too at the moment.  Feels weird.  Gas pedal is in a fixed position and it feels as though you suddenly let your foot off the gas a little bit, mine happens around 2000rpm, then it picks up again.   Rest of the rev range feels fine.