Electric window motors not working?

Orchid70

Have you had the electricity down? Batteries out?

And after that - the Electric windows stopped working?

You need to program them to work again!

See page 57 "Operational faults" in the Owners Manual.

It actually says it rather strange there, so here is what I've found out:

The FIRST thing you need to do after EVERY Power brake down is to PULL up the button - even if the window is closed! You will hear a click. Don't release it Before the click!

After that: Program in the one tuch operation by pushing the button down and holding it, untill the window is open - KEEP HOLDING the button down for 3 secs.

Then: Pull up the button to Close the window - KEEP HOLDING the button up untill the window is closed  and keep it up for 3 secs AFTER that.

Do the same thing on the passenger side's window - WITH THE PASSENGER SIDE'S BUTTON!

Now - IF you accidently happen to PUSH the window button after a Electric brake (instead of PULLING it up at first), it will not work. For some reason, at first you need to take out the fuses (numbers 51 and 52) - during 30 secs!

After that you can go on as I described above.

This will probably work also for Fabia MK1 and MK2.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Thank-you . 

We bought a 10 plate skoda new and had intermittant window issues within a year.

Often closing the passenger window instead opened it further.

Skoda could not find the fault but did see it occur once.

Now the drivers window ignores the switch, no click or anything.

Skoda said that the fault they saw was too long ago and wanted £90 to look at it.

Tried closing with door lock, and all works!

Never knew about that.

Thank-you very much!

Sounds very much like the broken wires inside the door gaiter problem I had. I replaced the whole door loom in the end.

Have you pulled back the door gaiter and had a look for broken wires ?

You push down middle top and it comes away from the car body. Then you can push the rubber back towards the door and look for damage inside.

Hi , I had driver window problem's , I fixed it by removing the motor , then removing the circuit board , then with a heat gun , carefully heating until you see the solder melt , this fixes any dry joints and fixed my problem , I also had two broken wires in the door gaiter , but this had caused an alarm problem , good luck

• 7 months later...

hi guys

i know this is an old thread got the problem with the passenger window. i have checked the fuses but i only have number 51 and there is no number 52.

i cant get the rubber boot out of the door hinges too to see if i have any broken wire, whenever i try to push or pull the passenger switch, i can hear clicking noise but dont know what that means though.

please help!

many thanks

• 1 month later...

My driver's side window would open, but go right down and disappear into the door, and then not come up again. I would have to pull over, and switch the engine off. After a while it would work again.  Lovely in wet weather - not! I took it to a local garage, and they got a 'newish' second hand motor from a scrapyard and replaced it with that one. It's fine now and works as it should. It cost £110 including sourcing the new motor, time and installation.

5 hours ago, Morgana said:

My driver's side window would open, but go right down and disappear into the door, and then not come up again. I would have to pull over, and switch the engine off. After a while it would work again.  Lovely in wet weather - not! I took it to a local garage, and they got a 'newish' second hand motor from a scrapyard and replaced it with that one. It's fine now and works as it should. It cost £110 including sourcing the new motor, time and installation.

luckily mine was just a dirty connection and the window switch was rusty inside so biught another switch and now all is working. the passenger side is bit temperamental though so might just need the connection cleaning out again.

• Like 1