Road Tax Calculation for Skoda Roomster Scout 1.6 CR TDI 105PS

SkodaETC

Hi. Please can anyone offer some advice on the following vehicle Road Tax issue. I own a 2011 Roomster Scout 1.6 CR TDI 105PS with a manual 5 speed gearbox. On my V5C doc my car is CO2 rated as 124 g/Kg and I am in Tax Band D paying £110/yr.

When I go onto the Gov.UK website to check how my Tax is calculated, The website transfers me to The Vehicle Certification Agency Website where I clicked on the "Find the Cost of Tax for Used Cars." This required me to input my car reg, month & year of registration and my V5C Document number. It then asks (via drop-down menus) for my car reg, make, fuel type, gearbox type, model and engine type(as given above). When I input this information, a page appears sumarising my car details and Tax Class and amount ie:£110/yr. One thing that I noticed is that the VCA page states in error that my engine size is 1896cc and NOT 1598cc as it should.

My query is: Is it possible that the VCA has incorrectly calculated my CO2 emission rating using the incorrect 1896 engine size which places me in Band D?

When I run the same check for the Octavia Hatch and Estate Models with the same engine size and manual gearbox as my Roomster, the VCA data shows the correct engine size (1598cc) and gives a CO2 rating for the Octavia as being 119g/Kg placing it in Band C (£30/Yr). I also did the same check for the Fabia Estate and Hatch with same engine as mine and that came out as 109g/Kg and Band B (£20/yr)

Given that the Roomster is a larger vehicle than the Fabia but smaller than the Octavia I would have thought that the CO2 rating for the Roomster Scout would have been somewhere between the two and placed in Tax Band C?

I would greatly appreciate any advice and enlightenment on the above.