New Monte Carlo Cruise control Help

L&KDET

Hi, I have just ordered a new 1.2 TSI Monte Carlo DSG. When I looked at the car at the Dealers, it has what I believe is the radar sensor in the front grille for the adaptive cruise control, or emergency braking.

When I got home I have looked at the Skoda configurator, it looks like Cruise Control is an extra.

Cruise is not listed on the build as an extra on my paperwork, so I'm not sure if it does have it, and what the sensor in the grille is for?

Can anyone advise?

TIA

I have the Fabia 1.2 Tsi SEL the square sensor in the grill is anti crash radar it is supposed to apply the breaks if person in front breaks suddenly, also a warning sign comes up on the dashboard. Have seen the sign come up but was already breaking hope i never have to rely on it. Check the brochure showing all the options your car may come with a speed limiter. Depends which version you have ordered on my SEL cruise is standard but extra on the S and SE version Joe

• Like 1

The radar is for 'Front Assist', which will try and prevent accidents. The cruise in the Fabia is apparently standard cruise control, not the adaptive system. Other VAG cars are available with just Front Assist, or the full Adaptive Cruise Control with​ Front Assist. The Polo, for example, is only available with ACC in the UK, not just Front Assist, while the Octavia is available with either.

Hi, I have a 2015 Fabia Monte Carlo Estate 1.2 TSi but with manual gearbox. I can confirm that I have a speed limiter but not cruise control. The radar at the front is for Front Assist and brakes the car in an emergency, it does not provide a cruise control function. Cheers.

My 1.2 110 SE L has "Front Assist", Speed Limiter, Cruise Control, Park Assist F&R, Auto Lights and Auto Wipers. Along with DSG and Srat/Stop all I have to do is steer the thing. Well, almost. Car was on UK stock so some of those things were obviously options already built in, as were heated seats and Panorama Roof. However, being pre-week 22.build it doesn't have some of the electrickery stuff. However, my iTunes library is loaded onto an SD card and plays well and I have lots of photos loaded onto a USB stick that also plays slideshows through the Bolero head unit.

As I don't have a smartphone the lack of Apple Pie or Android Jelly Beans doesn't bother me. I will be buying a decent satnav to replace my old Tom Tom and one that has free updates for life.

• Like 1