Anyone with the reversing camera....is it any good?

I had a demo of it the other day (albeit in the showroom) and it has a few views - bog standard 'what's behind me?' view, a wide angle view for when reversing out of a parking space and a towball view looking straight down.  According to the manual, standard and towball view will show you the path the car will take for the current steering angle and the towbar view shows you whether your ball will line up with the hitch which seems handy.  I agreed a price for the car I wanted and said I'd shake his hand if he included the camera (a £300 option) at no extra charge and he did  :clap:

I also specced the factory fit towball as there is no type approved after market towbar yet (and who doesn't want a snazzy pop-out towball... I also had the salesman confirm that the 13 pin connector included battery charging and fridge connections and he said it did.

I've gone for the 280 4x4 in L&K with a few extras. What engine/spec are you considering?

I had a demo of it the other day (albeit in the showroom) and it has a few views - bog standard 'what's behind me?' view, a wide angle view for when reversing out of a parking space and a towball view looking straight down.  According to the manual, standard and towball view will show you the path the car will take for the current steering angle and the towbar view shows you whether your ball will line up with the hitch which seems handy.  I agreed a price for the car I wanted and said I'd shake his hand if he included the camera (a £300 option) at no extra charge and he did  :clap:

I also specced the factory fit towball as there is no type approved after market towbar yet (and who doesn't want a snazzy pop-out towball... I also had the salesman confirm that the 13 pin connector included battery charging and fridge connections and he said it did.

I've gone for the 280 4x4 in L&K with a few extras. What engine/spec are you considering?

I'll add it on as that sounds really good!

I'm going for an SE-L combi 190dsg 4x4 with very nearly every option added.

The tow bar comes with a fair bit of other uprated equipment like alternator, cooling system and battery I'm led to believe.

Steve.