What are the best tracktyres to use 18" and best price from where?

• 2 months later...

Falken 959 RS-Rs are the choice in the Mazda RX-8 OC, and I used a set recently at Spa and Mettet in my Mazda RX-8... The first time I've tried dedicated track tyres than normal road-going Vredestein Sessantas (now Vortis).

Those were 235/40 R18 on 8.5J rims. (OEM fit is 225/45 R18), and they are cheap as chips (around £75-85 each)...

Not so good in the damp (as was the morning of both Spa and Mettet - no track tyre will be), but as soon as a dry line appeared and they got some heat, they gave bags of confidence which, even after getting into some controlled 4-wheel drifts - felt so planted that I felt my own talent would run out before the tyres gave way!

Falken 959 RS-Rs are the choice in the Mazda RX-8 OC, and I used a set recently at Spa and Mettet in my Mazda RX-8... The first time I've tried dedicated track tyres than normal road-going Vredestein Sessantas (now Vortis).

Those were 235/40 R18 on 8.5J rims. (OEM fit is 225/45 R18), and they are cheap as chips (around £75-85 each)...

Not so good in the damp (as was the morning of both Spa and Mettet - no track tyre will be), but as soon as a dry line appeared and they got some heat, they gave bags of confidence which, even after getting into some controlled 4-wheel drifts - felt so planted that I felt my own talent would run out before the tyres gave way!

Did you mean Federal 595 RS-Rs by any chance? :)