Read Texts Out Loud

Hi

just joined the new Skoda Owners club, first Skoda and very happy so far. I have the Fabia SE 1.4 TDI.

Has anyone use the feature for reading texts out loud? the onboard voice that reads your inbox to you. I used my Samsung phone on the demonstrator and all worked ok with the bluetooth and phone. However on my own Fabia, there is no sound to hear. I can pair my same phone and access all the same features.The button on the Bolero is there to play the text audio, but nothing happens when i press it.

Do i have to update something, or load on voices etc?

I have checked the update portal and no updates are available.

Has anyone else see similar and nothing happens when pressing the text out load button.

Thanks

Gus

I now know why the voice option does not work on my Fabia. When I press the. voice button on my steering wheel a sign pops up not available wondered how you got it to work problem solved :) Joe

Hi guys just to add something.. the voice option is £30 from the dealer... however if you can contact any of the Briskies with a Ross Tech (VAG - COM) this can be activated for whatever they want to charge you.. 

While they are there they can turn on a load of other options that are just cool; Needle Sweep, hill hold etc. 

Hopefully it helps

• 3 weeks later...

For info, i have tried 4 different phones, all of them pair over bluetooth and i can make calls, see contact photos, read/send texts, music; all the usual stuff.

However pressing the Text->Speech button does nothing when viewing a text. This doesnt need the voice Option, that is for speaking TO the car. I mean listening to texts read aloud by a simulated voice.

I tried in a post-22 Fabia and my phone works the same but this time the text->speech button works.

I tried in another pre-22 Fabia and the exact same problem, nothing happens when pressing the button.

So it looks like this may be another pre-22 issue? unless someone else in a pre-22 Fabia has text->speech working??

cheers