Bluefin remap for Pre FL Octavia 1.8 TSi

PC1212

I used this on my 2008 Skoda Octavia 1.8Tsi  but have now p/x the car, the map is still on the bluefin. 

If you have the Octavia 1.8 Tsi you could try right away

However just to be sure you could contact superchips ltd and enquire with them as to how you get it remapped for "your"  vehicle,

There may be a small cost to do this

Included is the dvd inside and an instruction manual that explains everything. Its really dead easy to apply to your car 

the performance increase claimed extra 50bhp

Acceleration from 30-70 was devastating

Fuel economy slightly improved too!

A great review  of the remap can be found on this site by a member called Brad1.8T

The unit cost me over £300 so grab yourself a bargain.

£100

Unless things have changed in the few years since my Bluefin ownership, it will cost a couple of hundred quid *if* you uninstalled the map from your car prior to sale to get Superchips to reset it for a new owner. If it wasn't uninstalled, the price rises to over £300 or near enough the price of simply buying new.

Once applied to a car, the map is locked to that specific ECU so this handset can't be used on another model unless it is reset.

Not trying to nose dive your for sale thread, just giving some facts - which were accurate in 2012 :)

Timmyboy is correct.  Unless the handset has been factory reset already it has minimal value.  I'm not sure what the OP means by "try it right away" as the map, once installed, is vehicle specific.

Superchips charge GBP225 to reset a unit unless it is <12m old.  A new handset with map is GBP175 more (GBP399) so the value of the un-reset handset is somewhere under GBP175

What sort of combined MPG did you get, from running this?

I have a 1.8tsi with bluefin.  I average 6.7L/100km (42mpg?).  Around the suburbs I get up to 8L/100km (35mpg) depending on how frustrating the traffic is.  If I get a clear run to/from work at 100kph it's as low as 5.8L/100 (48mpg).

For reason I can't fathom, if the air temp is below 15c the fuel economy is about 10% worse.  As soon as Spring comes & the weather hovers around 17c-25c it all comes good again.

The Bluefin has been one of the best bang-4-buck mods I've ever done.  The driveability of the car is amazing.

• Like 1

I was also very pleased with the stage 1 Superchips map on my 2.0 TFSI, and would go down that route again especially considering the price and Bluefin handset. It's only stage 2 onwards where I'd look to other providers.