iPods with the new amusden?

Hi

I'm picked up my new superb estate today, SE business model with the amusden (no CD player on it now!)

Realised when I picked it up I had not added an MDI like I had on my octy - now looked at the options list and it's not there anymore!!!

It has the usb and aux - any good ways to play an iPod classic through it!?

Lush car by the way!!

Steve

MDI is deceased, R.I.P.

The USB port in the front centre console supports more than MDI ever did.

With an iPod you have three choices - wired using the USB or AUX - or wire-less using bluetooth.

From what I've seen, both USB and bluetooth support album artwork and folder/album navigation, which is more you can say for the old system!

AUX will simply play audio over a 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack lead using the headphone socket, so no metadata is passed and album/track selection remains with the iPod.

Be aware that GuernseyDonkey reported a problem with his Nano and Columbus. Don't know if he ever resolved it.

• Like 1

Hi billyjim

That sounds potentially brilliant!! Would it need any specific usb cable or just the standard charging one?

Cheers

Just the USB lead that came with your iPod - the one you use for charging.

• Like 1

Hi reedfarmer

When are you getting your new superb? Which model / colour did you go for?

Hi Sacwhh22 Ordered a L&K Combi 190 DSG 4x4 in Petrol/lava Blue with beige interior and is due in early December.

• Like 1

Thanks Billyjim, will give that a try today!

Reedfarmer - sounds very nice! My bro-in law has a 14 plate in the petrol, it's s very nice colour!

I went with the moon white for a change - suits the car very well!

Thanks Billyjim, will give that a try today!

Reedfarmer - sounds very nice! My bro-in law has a 14 plate in the petrol, it's s very nice colour!

I went with the moon white for a change - suits the car very well!

We had a MkII 14 plate in white with brown leather but it was written off by a drunk lady with her 6 year old on board who veered onto our side and nearly killed 4 innocent people and trashed 3 cars. Did not want same colours again though as we did not want any reminders.

That's understandable!! To be fair this car will

Look great and drive great whatever the colour! Glad the accident wasn't as bad as it could have been!

That's why I'm tee-total!

• Like 1

That's understandable!! To be fair this car will

Look great and drive great whatever the colour! Glad the accident wasn't as bad as it could have been!

That's why I'm tee-total!

Many thanks. I have to say the MKII was the best car I have had to date including the elite marque cars and I am looking forward to the MKIII.

Edited by reedfarmer