1.2 tsi 110 engine in a Yeti

TinyRobotMan

Hi folks, we've ordered a 1.2 DSG Yeti to replace our diesel and I wondered if anyone had got one with the new 110 tsi engine in yet? If so, how are you finding it, is the mpg any better than the 40 mark that many people seemed to get with the 'old' 1.2?

Would be very interested to hear of anyone moving from a 105tsi to a 110 and how the two compare?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi folks, we've ordered a 1.2 DSG Yeti to replace our diesel and I wondered if anyone had got one with the new 110 tsi engine in yet? If so, how are you finding it, is the mpg any better than the 40 mark that many people seemed to get with the 'old' 1.2?

Still running in: 36mpg on mixed motorway use + 42mpg on a cross country jaunt. I'm anticipating 10mpg down on my old 1.9PD Octavia (which did 45-55mpg). We'll see!

Got the new 110 engine in my brand new yeti, was a bit worried earlier on but I think that was I came from a diesel monte, but seems good had 51mpg showing on dash, can get 440 miles to tank with 60mile range left , but otherwise what a great car!!!!!!!!

Our Spaceback has the original TSI 105 which obviously I've driven extensively. Also had a short loan of a new Fabia III TSI 110 and from that brief experience I personally preferred the older unit; the newer engine didn't seem to have the same 'get up and go'. Mind the 105 had covered over 10k at the time, compared to the 110 which had done 3k.

However if you've no experience of both, then I doubt you will notice any issue with performance and the 1.2 DSG set-up works well; again I used an Octy II with the TSI 105 DSG for 3 weeks and 2k miles back in 2013 and enjoyed driving it.

TP