H&r Coilovers On Octavia Vrs

MadMax

Had a set of H&R ajustable coilovers installed on my '02 vRS and let me tell you that they are absolutely amazing !

Before the car's traction control used to behave really badly and jump and do all sorts of weird stuff but now with the H&R's it's just perfect. High speed cornering, even in the wet, is not an issue anymore and the ride still remains fairly comfy.

I've also got a B&B 225hp / 320nm chip with a forge dump valve and some more stuff is on the way... just need more money now.

dsc02463a.jpg

:cheers:

MadMax

MadMax, looks very nice. Only ever come across one other RS with H&R suspension. Mind you his was a custom set up from H&R motorsport and was a tad stiff on the road (he used it purely as a track car). Not seen anyone else using the full H&R kit. I assume its coil over front only?

Thanks guys :cool:

Yea mine is also a bit stiff on the road but nothing compared to a lowered Evo or WRX... I use mine on the track once in a while as well but can only take part in "Advanced driver training" days because it's the only way insurance are going to cover the car if it's on the track. :mad:

And yes Real Skoda, the rear setup is just like a golf IV.

Freakcrab, you know that if your friend wants a Skoda from New Zealand, he can let me know and I can arange something for him... quite in good terms with the dealership and him buying in Aus $ it would be a bargain.

Don't you guys get Honda Integras ?? My other choice for a car was a '02 Type R but I decided to go for a european for a change and I don't regret it !

Oh and the drop at the moment is only 15mm and I can go down another 15mm but it wouldnt be driveable around town...

Originally posted by MadMax in this post

Had a set of H&R ajustable coilovers installed on my '02 vRS and let me tell you that they are absolutely amazing !

I've also got a B&B 225hp / 320nm chip with a forge dump valve and some more stuff is on the way... just need more money now.

Looking very nice! Now where's that picture of ****'s H&R RS when I need it? :D

BTW, what's B&B? And is it a chip or a remap?

Originally posted by MadMax in this post

Thanks guys :cool:

Freakcrab, you know that if your friend wants a Skoda from New Zealand, he can let me know and I can arange something for him... quite in good terms with the dealership and him buying in Aus $ it would be a bargain.

I'll let him know next time I talk to him. Depends if he's already ordered a WRX or Integra Type-R already.

Must admit the Integra's nice though, got a lift in one when I was in the states (Acura RSX).

Apparently we don't get them because they'd take sales from the British-built Civic Type-R.

Must admit the Integra's nice though, got a lift in one when I was in the states (Acura RSX).

Yes they are nice and fast but the only problem with them is that they have their power way too high in the rev... really good for a track car but it gets annoying around town... and they have no torque... and they are far away from the built quality of europeans, even though they are one of the best built jappa around.

Welcome MadMax and glad to see you've gone for the best colour :D Think you're probably our first member from Kiwiland as well - hope you've got the beers ready for some serious rugby telly watching in the next few weeks :cheers: (Come on Scotland!)