Battery type for MK3 VRS key fob

Anyone know what battery type goes into the MK3 VRS key fob with KESSY?

I just got a message on the MFD asking to change battery. Got the car end of Feb so 8 months battery life in total. Did others have similar experience?

Thanks.

Edited by vEnOmoz

I have a feeling CR2032....though I believe it is possible to fit the slightly larger and higher capacity CR3032 cells in the keys to make them last a bit longer.

Kessy is great but consequently the key has to communicate quite a bit more with the car over RF which causes the battery to deplete quite quickly.....so every time you unlock and lock the car, open the boot, every time the car detects the key after unlocking and removes the steering lock, when you request for the car to start....I also believe the car ia constantly checking for the presence of the key all the while the ignition is on too.

All this on top of the fact it also operates as a regular remote.

I guess if you used it to open and lock the car thus only using it for keyless start (as you would have to) it might last a bit longer.

Don't buy a cheapo battery...Mine needed changing a month ago so lasted approx 15 months. Changed it with some cheapy thing I found in the kitchen draw that came from a market stall and it last a month. Off to buy a Duracell pack today.

• 2 weeks later...

The battery went on my Octy KESSY needed changing after 10 months from new.

I took it to my local SKODA dealer who changed the battery for £3.50 which may be a little more than you might buy a battery from a shop but I thought that wasn't too bad a price to pay.