Squeaks

Have an annoying squeaking from what seems like the suspension on the drivers side on my Octy VRs, which is most prominent when going over speed bumps and those traffic calming bumps they have near roundabouts.

Also, when shutting any of the doors on the drivers side the squeak noise is also heard. I see that people have problems with ARB bushes, but could this problem occur on a car that is only a couple of months old?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank-you.

I've just changed my ARB bushes for 'Powerflex' ones.

All the sqeaking (and knocking) gone in an instant, car drives better too.

I spent a great deal of time on this forum, there must be 20 threads all comming to a similar conclusion.

I've read that a number of VRS owners have got the dealers to change both the ARB and the bushes under warranty.

My TDI is well out of warranty, but it only took a half hour each side to do myself.

I've just changed my ARB bushes for 'Powerflex' ones.

All the sqeaking (and knocking) gone in an instant' date=' car drives better too.

I spent a great deal of time on this forum, there must be 20 threads all comming to a similar conclusion.

I've read that a number of VRS owners have got the dealers to change both the ARB and the bushes under warranty.

My TDI is well out of warranty, but it only took a half hour each side to do myself.[/quote']

The car is just a few months old (covered 2500 miles), so I don't really see any reason to change them myself (if that is the problem) when the car is under warranty. I really just wanted confirmation that this might be the problem (ARB bushes) on a 3 month old car, and if shutting the doors would cause this squeaking as well.

Thanks for your help.

If you're getting the squeek when closing doors it wont be the ARB bushes.

What it will be is the radiator mounts. Its another common problem and has 2 possible fixes. Either the dealer can replace the mountings under warranty, or you/dealer can wedge some rubber/gasket material under the radiator to stop it moving.