Are these wheels suitable for Octavia Estate 2.0TDI

Octavia II Estate 2.0 TDI DSG

I have searched through the forum and have ended up very confused. I have just put winter tyres on my oem rims; 17x7J ET54 CB57.1 5x112, and I am trying to find matching rims for my summer tyres. The best that I have found are from an Audi A3 which are 17x7.5J ET56 CB57.1 5x112. I have looked at various best fit applications and they seem to confirm that there should not be a problem - wheels stick out about 4.5mm further and go further inboard by about 6.5mm. Had a look and there seems to be sufficient space to accommodate this.

Can anyone confirm that this is kosher? Tyres are 225/45/R17

Thanks

Edited by Morvan

Freedom

Thanks for that - that is one of the tools that I used - but being a novice at this sort of thing there is always a lingering doubt.

I suppose I have to tell my insurance company when I put the summer tyres back on?

Edited by Morvan

The difference in offset is just 2mm, so the Audi wheels will sit further in by 2mm compared to your original wheels.  That's barely noticeable.  You should tell your insurer when you put these wheels on - they are not original Skoda wheels so they may be deemed as being a modification.  If you do it at renewal it probably won't cost anything, but any other time of year will probably cost you an admin fee and maybe a couple of quid.