Amazing lease deals!

I think you're right there, when I first saw the prices on Freedom I thought they were a better deal than mine but factor in a similar deposit, mileage and term and they all start to look the same. I've gone for a 3x47 with added extras of nearly 3k yet it's only added 51 a month which is where I think I've got a good deal. In the past I've returned my leases but this one if like it I might decide to keep it.

The bottom line is if you are getting a lease within a couple of hundred pounds of Freedom over the full term you're getting a good deal and the big win is on the SE Business model compared to the SE and SE Executive model. You can spec up the Business model beyond the SE Executive and it still works out cheaper.       

That won't work if you don't want a diesel, & since I've managed to cover 14k miles in my car in 32 months, I probably shouldn't even consider going to the dark side! 

I've just placed an order for an SE L Executive 2.0 TDi estate with my local(ish) dealer on a 3+35 lease 10K per annum with metallic.

Specified a few options:

• Spare wheel
  • ISOFIX front seat
  • Front parking sensors
  • Pegasus alloy swap
  • Black leather/alcantara
  • Business grey metallic

Which comes to a total of £325 and some change per month inc VAT.

Deposit is £980 ish.

The usual broker I use is quoting the same price, so looks like there are deals to be done at the dealers which is good.

I specified delivery in March 2016, when my current lease on a C Class ends.

Edited by r08shaw

I've just placed an order for an SE L Executive 2.0 TDi estate with my local(ish) dealer on a 3+35 lease 10K per annum with metallic.

Specified a few options:

• Spare wheel
  • ISOFIX front seat
  • Front parking sensors
  • Pegasus alloy swap
  • Black leather/alcantara
  • Business grey metallic

Which comes to a total of £325 and some change per month inc VAT.

Deposit is £980 ish.

The usual broker I use is quoting the same price, so looks like there are deals to be done at the dealers which is good.

I specified delivery in March 2016, when my current lease on a C Class ends.

So £12355 over 3 years - again, probably beating the depreciation figure if you bought new and intended to keep it for the three years. I looked at spending more on a higher spec version but came to the conclusion that the SE Business was the one to have based mainly on vfm. Paying out less than 5k for the use of a big do it all barge was very appealing to me. The only thing Id really have liked from the higher spec cars was xenons but then I look at how much driving I do at night and the answer is actually, very, very little.

My cost for a SE Business Estate with towbar is £6617 over two years, 20k miles.  Still waiting for it though - order placed with dealer on 4 August!

At this rate, I'm starting to think about my next lease.........

My cost for a SE Business Estate with towbar is £6617 over two years, 20k miles.  Still waiting for it though - order placed with dealer on 4 August!

At this rate, I'm starting to think about my next lease.........

Very similar prices to mine for the SE Business hatchback, except I've gone for a 4 year, 40k miles lease, with the following options. The advantage of a 4 year deal is not another 3X deposit in 2 years, disadvantage is 2 more years to wait for a new car, MOT, and 1 year outside the warranty but I'm ok with that. Delivery is the big problem though.....

Towbar

Sunroof

Electric boot

Rear view camera

Canton sound system

Metallic quartz grey - bit narked I had to pay for this but hey-ho 

Speaking from experience of the 4 previous lease cars I have had since 2006, all from different companies I was offered 2 at the end of the lease, I extended one and ended up buying it, and the 4th I enquired about and was offered a price. So it might not be something they admit to, or encourage but in reality it happens.

I guess from the lease point of view if they can get a sale they don't need to pick up and pass on, I know for a fact one car I had was going straight to the auctions. 

How did the prices you were offered to buy the car for at the end of the lease compare to say the forecourt price of the cars? As for the buying bit itself, I don't think you can buy a car that's been leased to you, but a friend or family member can?

How did the prices you were offered to buy the car for at the end of the lease compare to say the forecourt price of the cars? As for the buying bit itself, I don't think you can buy a car that's been leased to you, but a friend or family member can?

The price they gave me on a 2 year old Passat was around 8.5k, I think....it was a while ago. I do remember thinking at the time it was cheap, but it was the 1.9 diesel and I was happy to see it go. 

The price on a 3 year (that was originally a 2 year lease but extended to 3) low mileage (under 18K) Citroen C1 was a steal, and I bought it. That was easily around £800 less than forecourt prices with average mileage. 

A Citroen C5 I had which I did like and may have bought was overpriced IMO compared to previous experiences, but the price was similar to forecourt prices. In general I would say the price offered tended to be trade price.   

• Like 1