Squealing from rear mk1 Octavia vrs

Jtrigga

So I have replaced the rear calipers, discs and pads new handbrake cable and the noise still remains. It's a screeching noise from the rear you can hear it more at slow speeds and stops straight away when you touch the brakes I'm at a loss as to what else it could be.

+1 for return springs, but to be honest it will only stop the noise about 85% of the time, you will still get it in reverse after the car has been standing in damp conditions some of the time.

It is a by-product of the design of the handbrake I am afraid, but return springs do reduce it a hell of a lot.

This should be a good source of info for you - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/231841-handbrake-return-springs/?hl=+handbrake%20+return%20+springs 

I used it for info when I did mine. One last thing, you did clean and grease the sliding caliper pins when you fitted the pads I presume?, as this can also cause it if the caliper is partially siezed on.

I 2nd kentphil1, i get a awfull noise of my rear brakes sumtimes on reversing! Like poeple turn round, i did have a binding caliper but changed it, along with new discs and pads, coper greesed up, other caliper if perfect and it still does it