Estate luggage cover

ok - so got mine today.. SE Business.

The cover, tap it once in the centre and it goes half way.... tap it again and it goes to fully open.

Is there a way to enable it to go half way via the infortainment ?? i cant find that option on the menu ?

I did not pay any extra for anything relating to parcel shel.

Thanks

ok - so got mine today.. SE Business.

The cover, tap it once in the centre and it goes half way.... tap it again and it goes to fully open.

Is there a way to enable it to go half way via the infortainment ?? i cant find that option on the menu ?

I did not pay any extra for anything relating to parcel shel.

Thanks

It's under "opening and closing" IIRC.

I think there is rather a lot of mis-information in this thread so I'll attempt to say, in my opinion and based on my experience, what the £120 option is.

I ordered the 'Retractable parcel shelf' option and I ended up with both the retractable parcel shelf and the multi-function pocket (2 bars with the fabric between). Others that have not specified a retractable parcel shelf as an option have reported that the car has been delivered with one. I haven't seen anyone post that they have been provided with a multi-function pocket without specfying it.

If you go on the Skoda Car Configurator and look at the extra equipment options you will see an option described as 'Retractable parcel shelf' but with a picture of the multi-function pocket. My view is they have got the description wrong and the £120 option is actually for the multi-function pocket. I can tell you all now, mine went straight up in the loft when I got my car. It's pretty useless and had I known exactly what it was I wouldn't have included it as an option. At that time little was known about the option and I didn't want to risk not having the shelf which I think we have now seen is what comes as standard and is the most useful.

Lastly, I know of no option that allows the shelf to fully retract. Regardless of trim level (I have L&K trim) the shelf will only retract automatically to the intermediate position if this is set to do so in the car settings on the infotainment system.

That multi function pocket does look nigh on useless - I noticed it in the manual and thought I could do something funky with the standard load cover until I realised I needed more parts!

I only have an option to retract halfway (SE-L)

Its not there... :(

According to the brochure, it's part of the electric boot package i'm afraid. You need SE-L or L&K to have it as standard - Sorry  :thumbdown:

According to the brochure, it's part of the electric boot package i'm afraid. You need SE-L or L&K to have it as standard - Sorry  :thumbdown:

Thanks - that confirms that then... to be honest, you only have to touch the shelf and to rolls back 50%, tap again and 100%.

Thanks - that confirms that then... to be honest, you only have to touch the shelf and to rolls back 50%, tap again and 100%.

It worked perfectly fine for me over 5 years of Superb ownership! 

I also removed the middle latches so the cover went all the way back in one hit. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I've collected the car. The automatic parcel shelf only opens to the intermediate position automatically and I didn't receive the multifunction pocket either - I'm really not sure what I've spent the £120 on given that others are saying theirs opens to the intermediate position automatically with pout having specified the option! Bit mythed and not sure how to take it up with the dealer - SE L executive model btw