superb series two whirring noise when lights go on and off

rxco

My superb just started making a whirring noise when I remote enter the car and the lights automatically operate. The car is also making other random 'electronic' noises. No warning or hazard lights though... only thinking yesterday how happy I have been with it.

It's a transformer....awakening from its slumber..... ;)

There are lots of 'noises' and whirring sounds on start up. Self regulating xenons that do a 'dance' routine upon initial ignition plus lots of other bits and bobs including ventilation etc. Maybe you've only just noticed them?

Dave

Greetings

Mine started whirring a few days ago. After a bit of checking with head under dashboards and other strange places, it turned out to be the CD player initialising itself - the first time I'd put any in, usually use an SD card. When I took the discs out, the whirring from there virtually disappeared, only noticeable with concentration.

AndyW

• Like 1