Issue with Skoda Felicia Cube Relay 18?

Hi 

So a few weeks ago the grey relay with the number 18 on it (on the picture below) began clicking intermittently, it caused the window wipers to shudder, the dipped beams to flicker and the heater blower to drop in power. the symptoms ease under acceleration and are worse when idling, however it is very hap hazard some times clicking furiously and other times just the odd click.

I have tried the following:

1. Changed the Relay

2. Checked for water incursion issues ( stripped the whole fuse/ relay box down) no sign what so ever of any water ever being there. 

3. Had a quick look round for any bare wires. 

3C57as6.jpg

I was under the impression this relay is for the adjustable wiper setting? 

Any one got any ideas? 

ECU? voltage regulator? 

Thanks

The short answer is clean yellow wire plug / connector that goes into starter motor

Cut the old connector, slapped on a new one and boom no more annoying clicking and flickering. Might have been very obvious but for a novice like myself it might have taken a while (or a trip to the garage)

Thanks a lot  

You're welcome. In case anyone wonders what has to do that solenoid starter terminal with relay R7 clicking:

dirt, corrosio, moisture, salt, etc enter that connector and slowly build in time an intermittent conductive bridge to ground (housing of starter).

The number 18 is a manufacturing code for that relay form type. In Felicia service manual it is referred as relay R7.

• 4 years later...

The short answer but a brilliant one!  Had the same problem.  Yes, yellow wire loose.  Cleaned it, pinched connector with pliers and a squirt of WD40 and problem solved!  Thank you x3.  Would have taken me hours and £££ to solve it. 😀😀😀