ecu immo will this work?

I have just bought my second VRS as my first was the saloon and didn't have the space for my tools being a plumber so I have went for the estate version which has been on here before from what I have seen. it doesn't have these wheels now :(

new%20car_zpswxhxdbho.jpg

it has its niggles and I am in the process of trying to sort these out,

one is the ecu I have been told its running a 150bhp ecu from a golf mapped upto 190bhp so it feels like its holding back from time to time,

if I get the ECU immo unlocked from my ecu out of the other VRS which is running around 210bhp with this then just plug and play or are there any issues I should be aware off?

they are both 2003 models

cheers and hello

Edited by leeharrisom

Not true unless you have the ecu pin code from old and new.

Ecu, upper steering column, binacle and drivers door lock need to be swapped if no pin codes. You'll probably end up with abs and airbag codes though like mine did.

Edited by shivadow

Not true unless you have the ecu pin code from old and new.

Ecu, upper steering column, binacle and drivers door lock need to be swapped if no pin codes. You'll probably end up with abs and airbag codes though like mine did.

If the ECU is unlocked this will not be required.

thanks for the reply's

I think I am going to look at getting a VRS ecu and lock kit,

is there any reason the golf 150 ecu cant be mapped past 190 ? as if it can I wouldn't need to bother swapping the ecu at all

also could you tell me ruffly what power I would get from a conservative map once I have the correct ecu in

its got a fmic, bigger injectors, 3" straight through, standard turbo

thanks in advance :)

thanks for the reply's

I think I am going to look at getting a VRS ecu and lock kit,

is there any reason the golf 150 ecu cant be mapped past 190 ? as if it can I wouldn't need to bother swapping the ecu at all

also could you tell me ruffly what power I would get from a conservative map once I have the correct ecu in

its got a fmic, bigger injectors, 3" straight through, standard turbo

thanks in advance :)

The ECUs are no different, only the map alters so doesn't matter if you start with a 150 or 180.