Edition 100 DX Replacement

Evening all,

As I had just about given up I read a post on here where a certain person only replaced his |DX with a pioneer in his Edition100!!

How did he manage it as just about all the "adapter" leads, and all the audio places I have asked the question with have all said the same thing, rewire the speakers.

So, does anyone know how Gizmo68 replaced his unit. Did he rewire, and if so, to the DSP or to each door?

Thank you.

Looking at the wiring diagrams, if you didn't want to run the cables quite as far you could also go to the plugs in the cabin.  On the A and B pillars there are 8 and 6 way connectors respectively which bring the signals from the amp to connect through to the door wiring loom.  But it is probably more of a faff as you'll have to take apart 4 sets of trims...

If I was doing this to my car and thought I ever wanted to go back to stock with the original stereo, I'd try and find either a broken DSP unit to desolder the board connector from and make an adapter, or a donor vehicle at a scrapyard to steal the A/B pillar wiring loom connectors from - that way you don't have to chop into the original car wiring.  

The T23 connector for the DSP end might also be available in an "amp bypass" kit by autoleads or similar - a car audio shop who know their onions might be able to help if you went down there and showed them what is fitted at the DSP end.  There isn't one listed specifically for a Passat B5 / Skoda that I could see, but I'm sure some kit or other would have the right connector.

• Like 1