mk5 golf steering wheel to fit pre fl vrs.

No need for coding as the OP wants to simply swap a bog standard Skoda wheel for a bog standard VW wheel,  nothing electrical to add. Only time coding is needed would be if adding a  multi function wheel, which would probably involve changing the steering column controller as well for one that would support MFSW. 

As the centre of the wheels are different,  the airbag unit will have to be changed to match the new wheel

Mike 

Mike any idea if a new controller would be needed if my car (pre fl 2008 elegance) already has mfsw? Golf's SW has more buttons hence my question.

Cheers

Sorry for hijacking this post,

I am looking into changing my streering wheel but would like to control my stereo from it and maybe even answer my phone.  I have a pre facelift Vrs on an 08 plate with a non standard stereo fitted.  What do people advise or recomend?  I don't really want to spend loads of money lol

Thanks all