How to change the swing radio?

Hello guys, 

Im the new guy of the neighborhood :notme: ..Im From Chile, yo know it? a place far far far away in south america (btw, sorry my bad english).  I started to follow the forum this year..

I have a spectacular Rapid Spaceback style (2015), and i want to change the swing radio for other with GPS, best sound, plug subwoofer, etc, but my contacts of Skoda Chile tell me the radio can't change :sweat: .... I hope this, no it's truly and for this reason i have the next question..

1.- Can i change default swing radio in my spaceback?

2.- If i can change...What Stereo compatible with GPS and  good quality sound recommend  (max US$500) ? (i read in other forums the Blaupunkt Philadelphia works..But I'm not sure..i don't wanna lose the command driving. 

Thanks guys, 

Ignacio

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for your response...

Yes i use the search and read entirely the post, but this guy end with a Amundsen+ RNS315...this option not its my option..because the maps of skoda dont work (dont have support) in Chilebtw the chinesse option concern to lose the maxidot and the driving command.  

So I opened this topic so that you can guide me. 

regards

Those are your Nav option - Amundsen or Columbus on the OE side, or a cheap Chinese job. There isn't really a third way for an integrated Nav. if local maps are a problem, you might be better off sticking with a Garmin or TomTom.

Maps of Chile are available only for the RNS850 which I don't think it fits the Rapid.

If you go for a chinese option, I'd suggest you buy an Android powered device. You will be able to install the Navigation program of your choice, and also will be able to playback almost any file format.

Be prepared however for problems with build quality, FM reception, quality of sound and car integration.

Maps of Chile are available only for the RNS850 which I don't think it fits the Rapid.

If you go for a chinese option, I'd suggest you buy an Android powered device. You will be able to install the Navigation program of your choice, and also will be able to playback almost any file format.

Be prepared however for problems with build quality, FM reception, quality of sound and car integration.

You are right jejej.. 

The question is..nobody knows about Blaupunkt Philadelphia in spaceback?  :notme: 

in addition, my iphone 6 dont work with the driving commands (next song, previous song, etc) ...nobody know how to fix this ?

Edited by ignaciomontero

You are right jejej.. 

The question is..nobody knows about Blaupunkt Philadelphia in spaceback?  :notme: 

in addition, my iphone 6 dont work with the driving commands (next song, previous song, etc) ...nobody know how to fix this ?

It should probably work. Thing is that it costs well over the $500 you mentioned and, frankly, with that ugly of an UI I would not buy it even if it cost half of that.

eyegr You are right! 

67igor1 Thanks ! this options are so much better.. i send to the sellers question about the fit in spaceback! 

Thank you all for your help. I knew that people find in this forum would solve my doubts ..

for now I only problem is with the iphone 6 and the swing radius (he has little installed in the car) ...

Guys, 

Nobody has problems with the iphone 6 and the swing radio? ..does not change songs from radio or steering wheel ... There will be an update?

Could not change songs on my android when I had the Swing either. Nor could I see which song was playing on the Maxidot and the Swing screen.

When I upgraded to the Columbus all these worked perfectly.

So it's a matter of HU, although I doubt they will bother with updates to the Swing.

...but you can have chinese android (4.4.4) for £ 220

with mirroring...

Yes always are the chinese guys.. but they are unreliable :(

If someone have a chinese radio in SKODA Rapid, please raise your hand :D  and tell me the experience. 

BTW.. XTRONS tell me they dont have radio model fit to SKODA SPACEBACK  --> 

Edited by ignaciomontero

Yes always are the chinese guys.. but they are unreliable :(

If someone have a chinese radio in SKODA Rapid, please raise your hand :D  and tell me the experience.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Edited by 67igor1

Ok, here a research actually fit on SKODA SPACEBACK to help another people with the same question... (i contacted directly to the seller )

- http://es.aliexpress.com/item/For-Skoda-Rapid-2013-2014-Android-Navigation-System-10-1-HD-Touch-Screen-Radio-GPS-Multimedia/32313234901.html AND dont lose the   steering wheel :D 

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/WITSON-Android-4-4-CAR-DVD-for-SKODA-Octavia-2004-2011-auto-radio-stereo-CAPACTIVE-Screen/32515283152.html

I will be adding more as I come across.