Cars back from being remapped

overall, great results.

1st and 2nd gear get quite a bit of wheel spin (wet as fook in scotland just now) so will be good for a blast on the dry roads.

3rd and 4th pulls great, 30mph-60mph comes in a flash and 40mph to 80mph is the same

5th and 6th car just keeps going

great investment.

on another note, when the car has been sitting for a while the fist time I apply the brakes I get a mad squeak come from the front brakes and the abs light, traction control light and tire pressure light all come on, they squeak stops after a few brake applications and the lights go out.

has anyone had this before??

could it be due to getting the car lowered??

Edited by walkerbluevrs
  • Like 1

the discs are getting rusty while the car sits unused.  the surface rust causes the squeaking, but it soon wears off and the squeaking stops, its fine so long as it doesn't get too deep.  No way to avoid it really....although better discs such as brembo fr example wold probably rust less than OEM ones.

• Like 1

The warning lights will be related to the sensors on the front wheels which feed into all those warning systems.

Sounds like they are dirty/clogged or otherwise. So may need replacing or simply a damn good clean :thumbup:

I'm sure there is a more detailed thread on this symptom elsewhere on the forum....

When I bought the car Sir Arnold Clark fitted new discs and pads to my car as they needed done (free of charge) I put the squeaking down to the pads rusting when sitting so that clears it up then. not sure of the make of pads but once they need done again I will go for uprated ones better suited for the extra power and extra braking I seem to be doing due to my remap :D