OOOh Got and Octy Mk1 niiish

Pete62

Hi Folkks said hello couple of weeks ago but then my  access to the site went George Osbourne.

ANY WAY I got me a 53 Octy elegance with electric sunroof and a small ding in the drivers side for £650 FSH  cambelts done and full set of new tyres  !!

Ding dong I thought !!! 

Took it to the garage for a check up and the only things wrong are a new brake cable needed and the power steering pressure pipe from gear box to the rack has started to weep.

I did see a thread on here about discounted parts.

However, this was on my tablet and when I logged in on my PC to find it I couldn't.

Would anyone just happen to have a spare one they don't need?

Also need a driver side wing in black.

Apart from that I am having a great time enjoying the Octy experience.

She replaced my Audi Quattro 250  with 180bhp which died of gearbox failure and as she was an 02 plate I couldn't justify £1800 on a recon box so she went for parts.

The Octy it of a change and a lot cheaper to run and I am enjoying the manual box and her surprising torque. 

What a lot of car for the money, looking forward to taking her on tour

Pete62

Edited by Pete62

Hi Folkks said hello couple of weeks ago but then my access to the site went George Osbourne.

ANY WAY I got me a 53 Octy elegance with electric sunroof and a small ding in the drivers side for £650 FSH cambelts done and full set of new tyres !!

Ding dong I thought !!!

Took it to the garage for a check up and the only things wrong are a new brake cable needed and the power steering pressure pipe from gear box to the rack has started to weep.

I did see a thread on here about discounted parts.

However, this was on my tablet and when I logged in on my PC to find it I couldn't.

Would anyone just happen to have a spare one they don't need?

Also need a driver side wing in black.

Apart from that I am having a great time enjoying the Octy experience.

She replaced my Audi Quattro 250 with 180bhp which died of gearbox failure and as she was an 02 plate I couldn't justify £1800 on a recon box so she went for parts.

The Octy it of a change and a lot cheaper to run and I am enjoying the manual box and her surprising torque.

What a lot of car for the money, looking forward to taking her on tour

Pete62

Ding dong indeed.

Is it the 1.9 PD engine?

Have a look into the Octavia section, and for parts you'd be best looking in the classified section (at the bottom of the list of forums) in the 'breaking cars' or 'parts for sale' sub sections.

Enjoy the car!

JRJG

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Xma folks, it is indeed the PD 130 , Power steering pipe from the pump is leaking so will need one of those soon but apart from that she goes like a dream