Strange sound after gas pedal release

SuperB-Nl

Hi,

So i got a problem which started a year ago. The strange sound appears after releasing the gas padel. When I press the gas pedal quickly or slowly over 2000rpms and relase it and when the rpm drops below 2000 the strange buzz appears. It is like a buzz/metal sound for about 2-3 seconds and its coming under the bonnet.

I located it some where at front of the engine bay. It happens in all gears, driving or standing still. When the car is running withouth gas there isnt any sound - like chain noise or somthing ( that happend me 2 year ago but now it is all okey with that). Does any one have clue what this could be?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If nothing has gone wrong in the meantime, I suggest its just one of those things. Sometimes you get a bit of vibration due to frequencies of certain things-metal panels, plastics etc, make "noise".. 

Have you checked under the plastic engine cover that all the rubber bobbins are still there? Mine had nearly all disappeared over 5 years, most likely during servicing/repairs, where they took it off and the bobbin came away with it, then fell off the lugs they fit to, to keep it in place. That makes the whole plastic cover loose and it vibrates, making the engine seem abnormally noisy.

As i have 1.2 TSI they dont have engine plastic cover. :/ I forgot to mention which engine I have.

I think there must be some plastic or metal panels as you said but on first look I didn't see anything strange.

As @fabiamk2SE said maybe it is somthing with turbo related. I think the noise is related with the metal pipe which I think is connected to Turbo. Is there anythint thete woulde make that sound or can someone tell me what is the purpose of this metal pipe?

Thanks for any help.

e53dc2583c0c270b162360cddbb68c81.jpg

• 3 months later...

but when i am riding and hit about 4k rpm i can hear actuator(i think is the same expresion as blowoff? ) and when the engine hit under 2k this sound appears. Do you think is still actuator?