EGT sensor

56/07 vrs PD 160k between DPFs at the moment. Had a problem with it in higher gears about 3krpm huffing and puffing like it was running out of fuel. Read up a bit on the internet and the EGT sensor looked like it could well be the villain. I tried to measure the ohms as per internet destructions but didn't get a reading at all? Completely open circuit? Unplugged it, no error codes, ran like a watch, pulls like a train above 3k now.

Would have thought the sensor would have been one of those mapped out by the dpf bloke? I'm not going to cause it any harm running with it unplugged am I? Can't imagine it was working in the first place on any level anyway tbh. What are your thoughts guys? Go and buy a new one or simply leave it?

Ignore everything above. Took it out for a good hiding when I went fishing tonight and in 5th it was quite hesitant. 4th was fine but 5th rubbish. Hate modernish diesels. Over complicated pain in the poop chute!

The sensor I unplugged was the right angled pipe looking one on the top of the filter can. Two wires, brown multi plug on the bulkhead at the top.

Don't think so, pretty sure it's just had the sensors mapped out. It was done by a local garage who done all the taxis. I bought it on the Wednesday and by the Thursday it was in limp mode and we were going on holiday on Friday. The dealer paid for the dpf-ectomy but I didn't have time to do my research and that properly, just happy to have a working car you know? In retrospect I'd have taken it somewhere clever like darkside and had it done right. Our local vag tuner only does revo and they didn't have dpf delete PD software at the time. All I know is next time I'm getting a petrol lol. Last diesel for me, been a fan for years now but I think I'm done.