New Yeti on Order........

Agerbundsen

A new Yeti Outdoor is on order. Specification close to the old one, including Candy White, 150 HP TDI 4X4 Ambition.  Looking at the various pictures of the FL, it seems to me that it would look much better with a black rear diffuser instead of the standard silver metallic one.

Any comments?

Anybody with Photoshop talent to change a picture to the black diffuser?

How about silver bars to match the silver diffuser, instead of a black diffuser to match the black bars?

Might be an idea if it was a CityYety, but it is an outdoor one.

To me, white with chrome or silver don't go well together. White with all black trim looks much better.

Chrome and silver however are great on dark colours.

• Like 1

Agree about the white and black, the contrast always looks good.

The silver with my Petrol Blue is OK but not brilliant, I think that would look better in black as well.

Agree about the white and black, the contrast always looks good.

The silver with my Petrol Blue is OK but not brilliant, I think that would look better in black as well.

Realy?

Black and blue........hmmm

Dark blue n chrome .....yummy!

I'm probably out of step, but I don't like the bright silver mirror casings on the current Yeti. I much prefer to see them the same colour as the body.

No bling?

I'm probably out of step, but I don't like the bright silver mirror casings on the current Yeti. I much prefer to see them the same colour as the body.

Same here.  That's why my L&K one are going to be painted before handover.

I don't think you are out of step here, but the mirror shells are an easy replacement with  either black off-the-shelf or get them painted in body color. Personally, I'm going with the black mirror shells and also with darkened rear windows on the Candy White body.

• Like 3

I fitted black mirror covers on my yeti as the silver didn't look good against the white bodywork. This has improved the appearance.

Edited by Poolbrook

Do they do it then? Not that I want it, too blingy.

I reckon that a high-gloss black would look good against the blue but as I have the matt black door mouldings and roof rails they'd be too many finishes and the Yeti doesn't want to look too classy! I shall probably add a black bumper protector as well, rather than silver or stainless. 

Other than that I'm not one for adding to/messing about with a car and tend to keep them pretty much standard. Unlike the guys on the TT forum who are always painting/changing bits and pieces! 

I quite like the matt silver mirrors, matching the front/rear valances. If the mirrors ever get badly scratched I might re-spray them silver or maybe white,

I have a theory.

Based on when I have come face to face with oncoming vehicles on narrow roads, your light coloured mirrors stand out more and make your car appear wider to the other drivers, it seems they try harder to avoid them! 

Even if I had a darker coloured Yeti I still think the contrast looks well. :yes: