Monte 1.6 tdi intercooler upgrade

px53jdj

Has anyone fitted a 1.6 tdi Monte with a bigger intercooler ? Looks like a vrs one is similar, and wondered if anyone had done this ? I'm looking at something like air tech upgraded one

Edited by px53jdj

Yeah I had a airtec on my old vrs and it was brilliant and fitted perfectly was really well made. This is what I want to fit one to the new Monte. I think the vrs upgrade should fit bit wanted to know if anyone had done a conversion already

Was £250 for the map.

Fitted my intercooler and pipe work. It took the best part of a day to do ,plenty of cutting and drilling to do to get it sitting perfect.

E75D6E4E-CA0C-470D-A9A2-0FE4AFEDBEA4_zps

Not my car or post but Louie has fitted one, not seen it with the bumper on yet but with a map he said its better.

Richard

• Like 1

Hi there are a few kits out there
And with a bit of research I went down the
Route of fitting a 2015 yeti(110/140bhp) intercooler the only
issues Really where the hoses as intercooler has
60mm outlets and hoses are 54mm

all fitted

yeti intercooler and fabia intercooler

Edited by joedemp
  • Like 2

How did you get around the hose issue?

wow... you win! How does the car perform with the yeti intercooler on?
  • Like 1

I already have the car remapped and it was a vast

Improvement using standard intercooler once the larger intercooler was fitted I didn't notice much difference for about a week or so only doing short trips, but once I was back to my normal motorway runs the car itself comes to life spooling up quicker and topping out at 145kph in third, it's a lot smoother to drive and regens seem to be shorter too. So it's booked in for another rolling road run in 2016

• Like 1

How did you get around the hose issue?

I sourced 2 by 90deg 60mm to 54mm silicone reducer hoses from eBay from auto silicone hoses or ASH for short along with 2 by 54mm alloy joiners 1 by 100mm long and the other 70mm long I also got a meter length of 54mm straight hose.

On the passanger side I mounted up reducer hose to intercooler and placed original hose back on to plastic hard pipes marked original where they met and marked front of hose to help align later, I cut it short of mark by a few closer to hard pipes removed all from the car inserted joiner 50/50 in hoses and refitted to car tightening all mikalor clips

Drivers side was a little more difficult 70mm joiner is for this side, I measured the required pipe length to cover end of hard pipe and 50/50 mark of joiner, I then fitted reducer hose and marked it for cutting at a slight angle, cut it and refitted and tightened everything also when needed I used a silicone spray for lube on the alloy joiners

Hope this helps

• Like 1

I sourced 2 by 90deg 60mm to 54mm silicone reducer hoses from eBay from auto silicone hoses or ASH for short along with 2 by 54mm alloy joiners 1 by 100mm long and the other 70mm long I also got a meter length of 54mm straight hose.

On the passanger side I mounted up reducer hose to intercooler and placed original hose back on to plastic hard pipes marked original where they met and marked front of hose to help align later, I cut it short of mark by a few closer to hard pipes removed all from the car inserted joiner 50/50 in hoses and refitted to car tightening all mikalor clips

Drivers side was a little more difficult 70mm joiner is for this side, I measured the required pipe length to cover end of hard pipe and 50/50 mark of joiner, I then fitted reducer hose and marked it for cutting at a slight angle, cut it and refitted and tightened everything also when needed I used a silicone spray for lube on the alloy joiners

Hope this helps

Sounds fiddly, but challenge accepted :) il get on the case.

Thank you

S3 alloy intercooler basically the same as yeti one all be it'll offer more cooling due to alloy ends, I'd have loved to get one but shipping to Ireland was a little to much

If you get it will you throw up a few pictures

Edited by joedemp