Richard's Fabia Monte Carlo Tdi+ ( Updated 17/06/2018 )

Richard92

Hi all, been on the forum for awhile but don't do much posting. Bought my Fabia through a work deal as I Work for Sinclair Mercedes-Benz of Swansea.

Factory fitted options:

Spare wheel

Parking Sensors

Bluetooth

Electric windows front and rear

Esp+

Maxi dot

Cruise Control ( Retrofitted by Tech1e :) )

When I bought the car didn't have any intention to change anything but that changed very quickly.

Mods so far are :

CG Lock

Boot strut springs for auto opening

Audi TT jacking points

H&R rear antiroll bar

EGR Delete

Short Shifter

42 Drift Design cable bushes

Vibratechnic engine mount

Lower Strut Brace

Cree LED drl's and reverse light

Pressed metal number plates

LED Bulbs

Silver indicator bulbs

DTUK pedal response tuning box

Superchips Bluefin Remap

Skoda Amundsen

Darkside developments Intercooler

Piper cross panel filter ( defined airbox )

LED number plate bulbs

AP Coilovers

TT 312mm brakes Brembo discs

Carista and VCDS Mods:

MPH on maxidot

Needle sweep on startup

Teardrop wipe

One click unlock all doors

Seat belt warning turned off

Auto lock doors if doors aren't opened - off

Oil Temp on maxidot

Had a few problems with the car but nothing major. Car is now how I want it and just trying to keep it clean and tidy from now on.

FEC5CB6D-5F2D-4959-A17F-64729646E137.jpg

E8106EEF-A9D2-4D37-A89B-301E880627C3.jpg

0DF52DAF-9B71-456D-B02E-7984276DF6E4.jpg

Anyone that has viewed this thank you and feel free to comment, advise or dislike stuff.

Edited by Richard92
  • Like 3

Looks great.

The H and R springs are great. I fitted mine at the weekend and can feel the difference straight away. I haven't got the RARB so it should stick like glue.

• Like 1

Thank you

Do you have any pictures of the springs fitted ? Everytime I've looked at my car I knew it needed lowering finally did it as I worked a lot of overtime last month so it's a present to myself. Fair play to the car handles good now the RARB is really impressive. Can't wait for the springs.

Here is a side on picture of the springs fitted. I have always thought the montes look deceptive because of the black trim and makes the gap look more emphasized.

After

photo%204_zpskf5ggofd.jpg

Before

5abb94a0-667d-48f4-be95-a3db11cdb5f0_zps

Edited by TomR88

Much better without the arch gap, cars completely different now too ? Used to have a lupo changed all of the suspension on that, drove the Fabia Monte Carlo and didn't think I needed to change a thing felt pretty good but that arch gap is visible every day so time to go.

News update on the car, gone back into main dealers today for the 3rd time for a knocking notice from the front. I'm sure it's shock absorbers but all they seem to be doing is lubricating stuff. When it's back il get lowering springs fitted and add pictures.

Finally fitted my Briskoda stickers, back one isn't to noticeable on camera but looks ok in person.

Should be fitting the lowering springs in April when I get a Saturday off work, as for the knocking noise it was the front antiroll bar bushes. Noise is now gone :)

post-116859-0-17607600-1426934717_thumb.jpg

post-116859-0-88130400-1426934703_thumb.jpg

Back in January I used my tablet along with the Bluetooth OBD plug, Cant remember the app think its Torque but managed to get what I think is a decent 0-60mph time. Claimed time standard is 10.8 seconds on parkers. Hopefully in the summer can get time just that little bit better with dry roads.

post-116859-0-62453400-1426935027_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, finally got around to changing this. Ordered it through work from TPS £13.05. Now have somewhere for my glasses.

C3650EC5-1320-4B30-8D58-A66844E4D4E0.jpg

8BF35A8F-1152-428F-9B9C-FB81CB03DD10.jpg

45329C98-09CA-4A4C-BAE2-2816339C4BC0.jpg

47845C0C-195A-4A9D-92EC-7F80282BD68C.jpg

Really easy to fit only needed a plastic wedge and a small screwdriver to swap the control unit over.

Thank you, really happy with the car now. Fitted myself in work, only paid £30 for alignment as one of the boys I work with was using the ramp all morning so I got impatient and went to my local tyre place. Hunter 4 wheel alignment machine too so was happy with that.

• Like 1

Nice car I've a 1.6tdi in rallye green formally 75bhp my tuner only managed 126.8bhp said air flow was a problem intercooler to small and dpf restricting exhaust gases

Are you running the tuning box and the remap together

Just the remap tuning box is off and sold, changed the panel filter. Figure does seem high, I thought dyno was out but everything on the day seemed pretty accurate.

Thank you, no more plans now staying like it is. Just keep it as clean as I can. Got a little girl coming in August so time to stop now.

The ride difference is noticeable but bearable. It rides really good and feels good on the road too. Also just got a rear engine/gearbox mount from powerflex to fit, that should make gear changes abit better. But as for suspension springs and RARB best things I've put on the car by a mile.