Did I put good battery in?

Hi guys, 

My octy didnt wanted to start today, weak battery, which i knew and it was due to new one anyway. And because my miss needed car for work today, quick journey to harfolrds was necessary as everything else is closed on new year day. after quick talk with them they give me choice of 3.

I bought this specs: 12V 68Ah 700A Yuasa black lifetime, way over expensive but didnt have much of choice as i wanted upgraded one anyway

My old one was: 12V 61Ah 330A Varta which i suspect was there since new.

New battery it is a bit longer but still fitted in nicely.I couldnt fit in this black soft covering around battery as it was short but that is not big issue for me. Car is starting really nicely like never before.

I want to ask if new battery is not `too strong` for a car.I would be really upset if car bursted into flames or anything else went wrong as result of this extra power from battery.

Car is 2.0 TDI PD 140bhp dsg 59 plate

What do you thing guys?

post-99700-0-58535300-1451666153_thumb.jpg

post-99700-0-96119400-1451666168_thumb.jpg

Skoda have a bit of a reputation for fitting low spec batteries, you have done well to get 6 years out of it.

Varta is a good brand but the 61A 540CCA is a bit low by today's standards, all built down to a minimum cost.

As Mike says the new battery will be fine.

I want to ask if new battery is not `too strong` for a car.I would be really upset if car bursted into flames or anything else went wrong as result of this extra power from battery.

The worst possible thing is that your original alternator might be weak enough for charging this battery. The possible solution might be checking the behavior of you battery after some time. If it's fully charged then it's fine.