humsk

• 1 month later...

Just the job! I need to remove the drivers door card to repair the arm rest as it's cracked, now I know how to take the card off (and I may as well add sound deadening and new speakers while I'm in there!).

Thanks for the post!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2016-01-01 at 23:30, humsk said:

humsk

Like many on this forum I have broken wires in the drivers door hinge and need to remove the door card.

Thanks for your nice instructions on removing the front door card. I do, however, fail already on step 1. I feel that so much force is needed to prise off the handle that I am afraid breaking the thing and this is after releasing the locking mechanism with a screwdriver as you describe.

Could you please elaborate a bit on this step.

Thanks in advance

H

Hi Hakelm,

The handle does need a strong pull to remove it. Try warming the handle with a hot air gun/hair drier to make the plastic more flexible.  Whilst levering it also pull at the top of the handle directly away from the door.

Hope this helps ...

Cheers, 

Andrew

I am still stuck with my door card. With some hot air the handle came off nicely but I can't find the upper T-30 screw. There is only some kind of black plastic cap with a hole, see attached picture. The cap sits on some kind of hinge but can't be removed or moved up and down more than a few millimeters. I can't see or find any screw behind the hole.

Do you have any idea how to tackle this?

Håkan

P1000993.JPG

P1000994.JPG

The cap can be removed with a bit of hot air and some force. Behind the cap the missing T-30 can be found. I prised it from below with a screwdriver and a somewhat too large force so it broke. Some thermal glue healed it. If you are doing this prise from the top.

P1010005.JPG

P1010007.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Im fixing the electric loom and found out how to get off the handle after braking a piece.

This is how to get it out without braking anything:

First you need to push on this tab (pic after removal):

002.thumb.JPG.bf7e8f348084dd35e3dc678e0766997b.JPG

Second pic on why you need to push in the tab:

004.thumb.JPG.a8520c974d3e43cc9502c18ca93917e5.JPG

This is where you pusch the tab:

001.thumb.JPG.221e6cf2cb83abdc05d4531088a01e33.JPG

This is what I broke bcause I didnt pcuh the tab:

005.thumb.JPG.224f8febe8db51a1e01bd79f5cff066f.JPG

Needed to take one more pic for clarity:

007.thumb.JPG.188f4da475e14781a57c26d1adf305b7.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this comprhensive post on removing the door cards. I particularly need help with item 3 for the window switch, but can't see any of the photos you say are included. Which end do I need to prise to get the switch out?

• 3 weeks later...