SD card uploading more tracks problem.

I have upgraded my Skoda for a superb estate with the Columbus Multi media system. Last year i uploaded most of my i Tunes collection onto the SD card for playing  in the car.. This was great.

Christmas has been and gone and with a couple of new CD's i wanted to update my SD card. following the same process, uploading to itunes in MP3 format i went to cut and paste to the SD card, it all appeared good - new folders with the tracks present until i removed the card and it all disappeared. Tried again and clicked the safe removal option and an error message comes up:-

"Windows can't stop your 'generic volume' device because it is in use, Close any programs or windows that migt be using the device and then try again later"

As i have no other files etc open, this appears to be caused by the card still thinking it is being read by the in car system,

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it? or does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a 'delayed write' error. For reasons best known to windows, sometimes it decides not to write files when you tell it to, leaving the job for later but telling you on the screen that the transfer is complete. This might help: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1819756,00.asp

The other possibility that I can think of is that the files were corrupt in some way or the memory locations in the SD card being used are damaged. There are utilities that can check the card for errors: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/279791-32-check-quality-micro-cards - You might have to wipe everything before you can run these though :(.