ALARM NO LONGER CHIRPS WHEN LOCKING

Any advice please? have read previous threads about locking .car stood for about 9 weeks while i was in hospital,battery dead as a dodo when i tried starting her. had new battery fitted and now when i lock the car with my remote lights flash twice as they did before flat battery but no beeps?

Chances are the alarm battery has had it.

It's not designed to be replaceable but it is with some tinkering skills. Skoda would rather you replace the entire alarm module.

There are plenty of threads about replacing it.

Could be the alarm siren battery has died too. They don't last forever, maybe 8-10 years max

I changed my whole alarm unit to a newer revision for 20 quid off eBay

Some people just change the batteries, but you need to split the alarm casing and reseal if you do that

Easy to Diy, just need to remove front wheel and arch liner to access it and it's up under the front wing secured with a couple of bolts

20 minute job

Well problem solved . sat in the car yesterday and went through the computer settings on dash and up came ATA on or off well it was off .googled what is ata and lo and behold it was an alarm setting now it works fine!!!!!!!!