De-Badge ?

The round Skoda badge logo has a recess in the body panel and hence problematic to remove.

The Skoda lettering won't b recessed, so there won't b any issues removing it if u don't like it.

I on the other hand, removed the Skoda lettering and replaced them with spaced out S U P E R B lettering, front AND back, on my pre-facelift 😛

1545569057303-04.thumb.jpeg.59b8e0b1d3c049f9f78bed4c356d1832.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Curious about the answer. Personally, I don't like the S   K   O   D   A lettering too. If I had a FL MK3, I'd be tempted to de-bagde this lettering and put the usual logo instead.

I'm with you on that. The new spaced out lettering is seriously ugly and that would be my first port of call to remove.

I really hate most lettering on the rear of cars, I like a clean look, the manufactures logo is fine but after that its just clutter. The worst on these cars is 4x4 because you instantly think of an off roader, some big ugly thing. Hence why merc call it 4 matic, BMW call in X drive and audi call it quattro - all sound great.

I'm in a real quandary now as I'm  looking for a 18 or 19 plate sport line plus or L&K. The L&K is ugly as sin due to the added "tacky" chrome grill and window surrounds but the sport line plus is de-chromed but lacks toys. Who in their right mind wants to add chrome to a car? I love the L&K toys but it looks so cheap to look at.

Edited by paperclips
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, paperclips said:

Who in their right mind wants to add chrome to a car?

I guess those who wouldn't dream of fitting black everything along with faux metal interior trim on their cars.  😎 

• Like 4

@paperclip It's your personal tastes. Some love chroms, some hate. The most important is that the car look suits its owner... ;)

If you think the L&K looks cheap, then take a look to its competitors on the market. 508 MK1 doesn't look much better (can't say about MK2, not seen close enough). The Passat though more expensive is not far better. And if you look at Mercedes Classe E / BMW 5 serie / Audi A6 / Jaguar XF / Volvo 90... For sure, the materials look less cheap or more classy / premium, but you need a serious amount of bucks to get the same level of equipment.

When I bought my MK3 Estate, I was also tempted by an Audi A6 Avant. But to get a similar equipment list (with same engine, also AWD, and automatic transmission too), I would have needed to spend +15000 € (almost 30%)... I made a choice.

For sure, less people turn their head when I'm driving by.... But is it worth 15000 and 4 rings on the front grill? Not for me...  

Edited by Bap33

37 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

@paperclip It's your personal tastes. Some love chroms, some hate. The most important is that the car look suits its owner... ;)

If you think the L&K looks cheap, then take a look to its competitors on the market. 508 MK1 does'nt look much better (can't say about MK2, not seen close enough). The Passat though more expensive is not far better. And if you look at Mercedes Classe E / BMW 5 serie / Audi A6 / Jaguar XF / Volvo 90... For sure, the materials look less cheap or more classy / premium, but you need a serious amount of bucks to get the same level of equipment.

When I bought my MK3 Estate, I was also tempted by an Audi A6 Avant. But to get a similar equipment list (with same engine, also AWD, and automatic transmission too), I would have needed to spend +15000 € (almost 30%)... I made a choice.

For sure, less people turn their head when I'm driving by.... But is it worth 15000 and 4 rings on the front grill? Not for me...  

I agree with everything you have said. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, paperclips said:

I'm with you on that. The new spaced out lettering is seriously ugly and that would be my first port of call to remove.

I really hate most lettering on the rear of cars, I like a clean look, the manufactures logo is fine but after that its just clutter. The worst on these cars is 4x4 because you instantly think of an off roader, some big ugly thing. Hence why merc call it 4 matic, BMW call in X drive and audi call it quattro - all sound great.

I'm in a real quandary now as I'm  looking for a 18 or 19 plate sport line plus or L&K. The L&K is ugly as sin due to the added "tacky" chrome grill and window surrounds but the sport line plus is de-chromed but lacks toys. Who in their right mind wants to add chrome to a car? I love the L&K toys but it looks so cheap to look at.

I disagree with most of that...

I quite like the lettering.

I think more chrome the better.

And as for BLACK...well I hate it, especially the wheels...looks like you've driven through an oil slick.

Each to his own though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mandp said:

I disagree with most of that...

I quite like the lettering.

I think more chrome the better.

And as for BLACK...well I hate it, especially the wheels...looks like you've driven through an oil slick.

Each to his own though!

Fair enough, your allowed to disagree with me. 😀 I may have written what I did a little harshly? I only read it back today. 

I used to have a new  Grand Jeep cherokee Summit model (top spec model comes with everything you can think of). The higher spec you get the more chrome jeep put on. It cost me a fortune in wrap to eradicate it. 

The American car Market in general loves chrome and as I say, higher the spec more chrome they put on. 

Edited by paperclips
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, paperclips said:

😀

I used to have a new  Grand Jeep cherokee Summit model (top spec model comes with everything you can think of). The higher spec you get the more chrome jeep put on. It cost me a fortune in wrap to eradicate it. 

The Jeep had "Summit" badge on one side at the rear denoting top spec model to everyone behind me but I removed that, to the trained eye, there was differences in exterior trim to show it was the top dog and I was happy with that. On the other side at the rear it had “4X4" (just like the superb), that was also swiftly removed. I think I just like the understated look. 

I used to own a 430bhp 6.2 litre V8 VXR8, this was  de-badge and a 452bhp supercharged S2000 which was again de-badge. Somtimes less is more. I think a good car is a good car, it dosent have to shout a good car, people who know, know. People who don't, don't know cars and they are not the people I'm interested in knowing anyway. 

Now my kit car is also de-badge but that never had them on to take off in the first place! 🤣

Edited by paperclips
Removing duplicated word

• 5 months later...

Can anyone advise the best method to remove the rear chrome badges and also how to remove the L&K script badges from the front wings? All help and advise much appreciated....

Edited by numskull

6 minutes ago, numskull said:

Can anyone advise the best method to remove the rear chrome badges and also how to remove the L&K script badges from the front wings? All help and advise much appreciated....

Angle grinder 🤡

If you don't have one then fishing line to cut through the adhesive followed by a sticky stuff remover of some sort. I've used WD40 to remove number plate tape in the past.

• Like 1

I used a hair dryer first to warm the glue, dental floss or fishing line to remove the letters and badges.

• Like 1