New vRS

Hi all,

Long-time member of Brisky here, used to own a Black Magic 56 reg vRS (NC56 LWE, anyone here have it?) but sold it on as I fancied performance petro. Scratched that itch with a couple of Type R's (including a lovely DC2) but have moved back to the Skoda brand with another vRS (This one, actually http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/371815-fabia-vrs-2007-sold/?fromsearch=1).

Got a few issues with it I'll post later (have searched for answers already, some great help but not quite fitting for my probs) but just wondering if anyone recognises the car and can shed some light on its history?

It's an '07 reg, Corrida Red (think it was Corrida..) that is apparently remapped to approx 165bhp however since its been a long while since my last vRS I can't remember the difference, although it feels very nippy to be honest there's no history to back up this claim and the previous owner just took the previous owner to them's word on it, so it's a bit airy lol.

It's also got some different coloured interior lights :-). Blue in the left one, yellowish in the middle and purple in the far right ha, which only seems to want to work every now and then (will have to look at the wiring..). It's also got some ghastly front bulbs which seem blue and don't light the road up at all, so looking to change them ASAP (and in fact one doesn't work, which isn't the bulb unfortunately as it works in the other light...).

It's been lowered on coilovers however I'm not sure which ones. It's as low as it'll go I imagine though - a nightmare for the speed bumps and generally very 'crashy' which doesn't go down well at all for SWMBO, she hates it :-).

It's also got upgraded brakes, Brembo disks apparently (grooved too), the standard Cupra Splitter (which I've nearly taken off already by the aforementioned speed bumps ha) and a respected black grill. Oh and some standard 16's which are in dire need of a refurb :-).

All in all love the car, just as great as I remember them and the torque drive is once again putting smiles on my face :-). I fondly remember Brisky being a really friendly, helpful place and looking around it seems it's never changed .

I look forward to getting to know everyone again, cheers :-).

• Like 1

Welcome back to the forum, as you already know, you've come to the right place [emoji6]

JRJG

Cheers bud :clap:  Not sure why it posted twice, can a mod delete the other redundant topic please? I've tried doing it myself but I can't find the option - probably my web browser being used (mobile safari and Internet explorer).

Cheers.

The bulbs as you know are easy enough, to find out if it is mapped or not you could log a few runs (can't remember which 'code' those who have plenty of knowledge in mapping on here ask for) and from the results you'll, or others on here will, be able to tell whether or not it is remapped.

Also - are the brakes 312mm? If so, remember to be careful when you buy your discs as our's are originally only 288 mil (I think) or borrow an Octavia Vrs/Audi TT/S3 number plate. Teaching you how to suck eggs I'm sure.

[emoji6] JRJG