Stiffer Springs for the back

Hi 

I got a 08 Fabia 1.4 TDI which i use to tow a small trailer when we go camping.   500KG unbreaked. 

The back end is a bit soft    and was wondering if anyone knows of a kit to stiffen up the back end a bit. 

its got 155k on the clock and still starts first time and the quality of the car  i ain't going to find for the price of a small upgrade. 

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe just fresh replacement springs will do the job. 

Maybe some that someone removed from a car they have lowered and that had not done many miles.

Hopefully someone will know suitable ones or have some sitting they could sell or donate.

• Like 1

With that mileage on the clock it's probably the dampers that are next to useless. Springs tend not to soften, just sag somewhat. I've found that dampers are past their best well before 100000 miles and there's no need for an upgrade just a replacement with a new standard set. Even an expensive pair of rear Bilstein B8s come in under £200. Front ones are quite a bit of hassle to change but I can do a pair of rears in under half an hour.

Edited by PhilTheGeek
  • Like 1