Yeti SEL

Pictishloon

Hello, I’m John, a retired precision  engineer from Newcastle Upon Tyne.

I am a Motability customer, and on Saturday I have just ordered a new Skoda Yeti SEL, my first Skoda car, but definitely not the last!  The quality of build is superb, as is the comfort. 

The dealer in Cramlington arranged for me to have the test drive for a full day, which was great, and much better than the usual ‘round the block’ test drive. I’ve driven and  owned a lot of different cars in my time, but the new Yeti is absolutely superb for my needs.

The only disappointment I had when I ordered the Yeti SEL, was to be told that the factory option of ‘Boreal Wood’ inserts   (which was in the brochure at £65) is  no longer available!  I know it’s a personal thing, some don’t like it, but I do, and I was very disappointed to be told it has been taken off the list of options.

I am looking forward to driving my Yeti, which should arrive in April.

Keep up the good work with  the Skoda forum.

John

• Like 2

Welcome John!  Yes, its a shame about the wood inserts that seem to be disappearing generally across the range.  They are considered more old style and the metal and brushed aluminium look is more in vogue now.  I like the wood effect personally.  You can always get aftermarket wood inserts on one of the sites like superskoda.com or have the inserts wrapped in a colour of your choice.  Best of luck with the Yeti!

Thanks very much for the welcome, it's much appreciated. Incidentally, do you know for certain that I can get aftermarket wood inserts? Superskoda.com only seem to have  wood inserts for LHD models.

Many thanks.

John

Edited by Pictishloon

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody is interested, I have finally been  told that any Skoda dealer CAN order the Boreal wood inserts for the Yeti as ‘spare parts’, and they cost £119inc VAT supplied as parts, or  £264inc VAT supplied and fitted.

John

Edited by Pictishloon