Door leak - Not the usual door seal

mogwye

My wife tried to lower the front door window while it was frozen up, needless to say the window became detached and fell into the door.

So having endured water resting on the door aperture sill for some time, I thought I would do both jobs in one go.

After removing the door card I noticed that the rain water was not getting in from the normally failed door seal but it had been running down from the bottom of the main speaker surround. So I checked the drain holes in the door and they were clear.

Anyway, does anyone know how to cure this particular leak.

I have tried to upload a pic, hope it's successful.

DB.

post-14617-0-71217200-1453224889_thumb.png

Edited by mogwye

I would remove the speaker, its easy enough.  Inspect the area within the door behind it.

It maybe that water is running down the electrical cable which feeds the speaker from somewhere.

Cheers,  Terry

I can only assume its the door seals at the bottom of the window, i dont think you can get them 100% water tight since they have a slight gap at each end anyway.

Its fine for the water to get in the door, thats what the drain holes at the bottom are for, its the direction the water seems to travel in, it drips and runs towars the inside of the car rather than dripping and running from the "outside" part of the inside of the door :D

hope you understand that!

Edited by hutchysrs50

Surely, you need to find the source and fix it there?

Cheers,  Terry

Yes I agree, I will endeavour to find it, but I was asking on here in case other folk had previously sourced the problem.

DB