2012 Octavia Estate TDI DSG VRS Estate

Intermittant Auto Gearbox Problem - I forgot to pout it in the title and do not know how to edit the post title now ?

I just bought this car with 103,000 kms and it is an ex police car with an extensive and full service history.

I have done about 1000 miles in the first week with no problems - I enjoy the automatic box and the different ways to drive it.

Great handling car.

Anyway tonight I went out and reversed down drive about 75m to drive 1/2 mile round to my yard and it seemed to take a little while for forward drive to engage and needed a bit of extra throttle compared to normal. On driving round I noticed it did not change up the gears either ?? Then once round there I could not engage reverse to turn round ?? Lever went in to reverse but no drive.

I had a 1 hours meeting and came out and everything was normal again.

Temperature was 5 degC so not too cold ?? All surfaces level no hills.

Anybody know what might cause this ?

Also got a tyre pressure warning light on dash but cannot see a soft tyre - how accurate are they.

This car will be used as a taxi - thanks :-)

Edited by Highlandhorseman