anybody help fit wastegate actuator tomorrow

Hi does anybody fancy earning alot of beer tokens. Need a wastegate actuator fitting. Took it to a garage yesterday and left it from 9am to be told at 5pm they couldnt do it as turbo needs moving out the way to get to the 3rd bolt. Trouble is due to shift work I cant get it intoca garage for at least 3 weeks.

Octavia Vrs Mk1

Dont mind driving reasonable distance from Milton Keynes

PM ME PLEASE

Is it on a 1.8 20v?

I changed an actuator on my 225 BAM TT and I think the oil feed connection on the top got in the way of one of the bolts and on re-build it ended up getting cross threaded, it was a complete pig of a job. I was grinding spanners down so I could get in and working using only a mirror to see what i was doing.

You probably have more space to work in than I did but if I were to do it again I would remove the turbo and change the actuator on the bench.

The downpipe can be disconnected and the turbo dropped slightly to allow access, once the three manifold bolts and the support bracket (I think) are removed. And then you ideally need to take the manifold off and move an oil line out of the way to get access to one of the actuator bolts, as noted above. Definitely one of the most non-fun jobs I've had to do!

Tell your garage to stop being pussies.

• Like 1

The garage was going to do it next week but im only off tomorrow and they are fully booked. They left it so late friday that they didnt have time to do the job when they realised they needed to move stuff for the 3rd bolt. Cos my shifts it looks like another 2-3 weeks before I can get it done so not happy. Hopefully might find a garage tomorrow first thing

My normally trusted garage also wussed out of the job, had my car booked in and was prepared to leave it there for the day, really annoying. I was building up to doing it myself but then the car died anyway from non associated faults. Still can't believe the garage were like, 'yes, that requires effort, sorry, we can't be doing with that.'

But yes, as said the turbo can be moved without complete removal. I saw this was possible when I removed the exhaust manifold to sell.